It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2006, 05:46 PM   #1
(female)

honeybeez HB User
Angry totally losing it!!

Well.. i am begining to get strong feelings about quitting my job but there are some complications so currently i am just holding on feeling stuck in a place i dont want to be..

I am 18 years old... usually am calm and smiley on the outside nomatter what happens.. yet today i went to work and as soon as i went in i started to feel this incredible ANGRY feeling (well it felt like anger from what i could tell) Its started off with me doing jobs that i am not being paid to do.. I had no where to put this anger.. no one listened to me.. i got panicky.. edgey and stressed.. when i got a minute alone i took it all out on myself and now have a large bruise developing on my arm.. there is a dent in the wall of the staffroom where i threw a spoon across the room..

all night i got a huggggeee pain in my stomach.. it was like i was going to be sick.. it felt like a big stitch but worse....

is this stress doing this?? how on earth am i supposed to vent my anger in a healthy way without taking it out on myself ? i would hate to become a violent person towards others.. i just wouldnt be able to life with myself..

i am soo stressed and dont know how to calm down and i dont think i can take it anymore at work...

help!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 07-27-2006, 09:46 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

plasva HB User
Re: totally losing it!!

Hi,
Hey, I know how you feel, believe me.

The only way this job is worth all this stress is if you absolutely MUST keep it to support yourself, or else you will be literally starving, or if quitting will *definitely * damage your ability to achieve your dream career.

If neither of those things are true, please just quit. It's not worth the stress!

Stress definitely can make your body do really severe physical things, like the stomach pain you're describing.

For example, I was once under so much stress, I actually had a panic attack, which really shocked me, as I used to think only immature attention-desperate people had panic attacks. Stress can completely unbalance a person, if it's bad enough.

Anyway, you deserve a job where you won't feel so stressed, so please don't stay at this one!!

Sometimes, you walk away from a job, and you don't miss it at all, and you wonder why you didn't leave sooner. Consider it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 04:17 AM   #3
(female)

honeybeez HB User

heya.. yes i am definately going to leave but there are things that worry me about leaving.. such as im on an nvq level 3 and i dont know if i should continue training and get the qualification before getting another job.. this qualification can last from months to years... i can be there for another year

I have spent today getting up lazilly and moping around the house.. that has really helped..

i understand what you are describing .. i think i am heading for a panic attack if i dont get out of there.. i am starting to shake on reception and fear even doing a return on some items (something that was once so easy for me) I start panicking and just standing there freaking out and freezing on the spot.

i knwo i have to get out but i really want to find a new job first just to put my heart at rest.. most of the jobs i know are far to travel..

i will be ok.. it was the stomach pain that came from no where that scared me..

thanks for your help xxxxxxx

Old 08-04-2006, 09:53 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

thegardener HB User

You need to find someone whom you can talk to. Can you talk to your parents. Are there any other adults whom you can trust and talk to. Do you have access to a counselor? Look in the yellow pages under counselor/psychologist/social worker, etc. You need to talk to someone to release your feelings so that they don't build up like this and explode. As for your job I have always thought that I was payed by the hour so I need to be working for that hour. Is there a job description that excludes what you are being told to do? Is your anger from not feeling like you are in control of your life? Get help please! Good Luck.

Closed Thread