It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
(male)

cmatthews1326 HB User
What is the difference between stress/anxiety?

What is the difference between stress/anxiety????

Old 01-26-2007, 04:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: What is the difference between stress/anxiety?

cmatthews, to me stress is a reaction to a situation etc., like too much work, or someone's situation like an illness, etc. The anxiety is always there and you are anxious even when there isn't anything stressful going on. I guess you might feel the same with both but I guess stress is how a lot of people would react and anxiety is just for those who suffer from it because of past experiences.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2007, 08:12 PM   #3
(male)

cmatthews1326 HB User

Great reply. Makes sense to me.

Thanks

Old 03-30-2007, 07:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

i would like to add, that in my experience, stress can lead to anxiety. i have had experiece with both. times when i am just stressed and times when i have anxiety. God bless

Old 04-07-2007, 11:32 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Karen W. HB User

Hi,
When I an stressed -espically from work, I don't sleep well but most of the time, life gets better and so dose my stress level, but one time the school had lost my down syndrome son, we searched for about 2 hours until he was found, he was found about 4 miles from the school walking, to make a long story short, it was a long night with the police and detectives and also the next day, from all the stress I had my one and only anxiety attack, I ended up in the ER with a racing heart, very high blood pressure, I felt like I was going to pass out, They keep me there for about eighteen hours, giving me allot of drugs and valume to get my blood pressrue down, then they asked if I had any thing tramatic happen to cause this episode? I explained the entire ordeal, as I was explaining it, my blood pressure alarm started going off, The Doctor said, well that would cause me to have the same problems that your having.
Karen

Old 04-08-2007, 09:04 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Karen W. HB User

One more thing I would like to add, I think anxiety is a stress related issue with a form of panic, something that cause you to be frighten, scared or devestated.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:44 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

shorebird HB User

I think stress makes anxiety worse, kind of a multiplier if you suffer from anxiety already and throw added stress into the equation. It is also my understanding that most stress comes from outside of you while most anxiety disorders start inside.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:33 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebird View Post
It is also my understanding that most stress comes from outside of you while most anxiety disorders start inside.
I agree with this 100%! I have recovered from anxiety. Anxiety is something that we can recover from. It is a way of behaving/resonding that we have developed because of our environment. When I get stressed now from an outside factor my anxiety from it is 5% what it used to be.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:32 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

i went 20 years between bouts of anxiety. i thought i would never have it again. ha ha. if you go on the perimenopause board you will find a lot of women having problems with anxiety who have never had it before. there can be biological factors involved. God bless

Old 04-24-2007, 12:32 PM   #10
(male)

owch HB User

You become stressed from anxiety, thats what the difference is

Old 04-25-2007, 06:22 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by owch View Post
You become stressed from anxiety, thats what the difference is
But you can also be anxiety free and still have to deal with stressors from the outside world like a death, an illness, a disaster, a job loss, etc.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #12
Veteran
(male)

shorebird HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannah View Post
When I get stressed now from an outside factor my anxiety from it is 5% what it used to be.
Sannah I am the same way now and life is a lot more enjoyable for me now.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:36 PM   #13
Veteran
(male)

shorebird HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannah View Post
But you can also be anxiety free and still have to deal with stressors from the outside world like a death, an illness, a disaster, a job loss, etc.
No question that this is true!

Old 10-09-2007, 07:13 PM   #14
(female)

lcarrillos HB User
Post so i would like to know What is the difference between "stress" and "stressors"?

What is the difference between "stress" and "stressors"?

Old 10-09-2007, 09:48 PM   #15
Veteran
(male)

shorebird HB User

Stressors are things that make you feel stressed. Stress is the feeling of dread or pressure caused by a stressor. I hope this makes sense but if not hit me back and I'll give examples.

Closed Thread