It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2007, 06:14 PM   #1
(female)

julietangel777 HB User
Stress.. missed period?

I have heard somewhere that stress can cause a missed period... so i guess i am just wondering if what i am going through could be stress. I havent had my period since November. and i thought i could be pregnant but i have taken 3 tests so far and all have well basically said negative, well actually i am not sure if they worked. its hard to explain but they didn't do anything and its suppose to at least show a minus sign if not. and i did have some stress going on when i was first late but i dont really think i have much right now. and i havent had insuance so i havent been to the doctor, but i guess i just wanted some advice before i try to get to the doctor if i need to cause it'll be kinda hard to explain this to my mom, i know i am 20 but i still live at home. But some advice would be really great, i mean i enjoy not having my period, but i would kinda like for nothing to be wrong with me as well. Help!?

Old 02-01-2007, 11:54 PM   #2
(female)

Janster HB User
Re: Stress.. missed period?

How long have you been taking the pill?

YES- stress can cause missed/late periods. Atleast it does for me... but I've been on the pill for soooo long (15 years) and I've gotten sooo accustomed to how the pill reacts to my body. Normally - (please pardon for the grossness here) that if I get a little bit of brown mucus - that's about the extent of my periods sometimes.

You're a bit worried - which would mean that there is a chance a pregnancy is possible? Do you use any secondary method of protection?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2007, 12:11 PM   #3
(female)

julietangel777 HB User
Re: Stress.. missed period?

well i am not on the pill i used to be but i am not anymore. and i think i know what you mean about the "brown mucas" thing... lol eewww but i dunno its weird, its never done this before, but i have been off the pill for probably more than a year and it just started doing this... but the guy i was with and i sometimes used a condom but didn't always so yeah there is a chance that i could be pregnant. its so weird. and i just started noticing that i think my boobs are getting a little sore, but i think that could just be me being paranoid but i am not sure

Closed Thread