It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2007, 08:50 PM   #1
(female)

tinymom05 HB User
not sure what is up with me

i am so tired all the time and i went to the doctor that ran bloodwork for my thyroid and she said she tested me for diabetes awhile ago but not too long ago and that it is stress that is causing me to be tired the bloodwork came back normal for thyroid, so she put me on Wellbutrin 150mg. i have been taking it for 2 weeks i am so tired still have a very hard time getting up in the morning. i have to get my prescription filled but i am wondering if it isnt just the stress that is causing me to be tired or if it is something else along with stress. i have 2 kids with autism so yes my life is pretty stressful having therapists in your home on a weekly basis. family is not supportive at all. but my question is should i get a higher mg on the Wellbutrin or i am wondering what else can be wrong with me, i feel like crying and i am moody at times too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2007, 06:04 AM   #2
(male)

charlesyclim HB User
Re: not sure what is up with me

Yes, stress is one likely cause for your feeling tired. Sometimes, we do not even know we are stressed if we are not attentive to little signals our body try to hint us.

Firstly, understand that medication is just a temporary solution. So try to avoid it as much as possible. Else it will usually create another problem, addiction to the medication.

Some of the other causes of our feeling tired is the diet we in. For example, if you take cold drink, or fruits, for some people it can cause you to feel tired. You can try to totally avoid these things for a week and see if you situation improve.

Beside your problem of feeling tired, you mentioned that your life is also stressful because of 2 autism kids and have not one to turn to. If you are interested to see a major change in your life for the better, do not take the easy way out, go for the root of the problem.

To do that you have to know that today we are all living in a dream thinking they are real. Not convinced? Try this experiment; go watch your favourite tv program and make sure you do not have any disturbance during this time. At this time, is your life totally wonderful? No more fear, stress, unhappiness. You are only feeling the same way as the tv program.

So during this time, what happened to all your fear, stress, unhappiness? The answer is simple, all our fear, stress and unhappiness is created by our thinking. Once you cease to think about it, it no longer have power over you. In fact the kind of life we think we have are all a delusion, they are all created by our thinking. You think that your life is miserable because you have 2 autism kids, that is a delusion. You think that life is not fair because there is no one there to help you and for you to turn to? That is also a delusion. They are all a delusion because if you do not think about it, they no longer exist anymore.

"But these situation is a fact and I do have 2 autism kids whether I think about them or not." you may say. In fact that is what most people think. But the fact is this...

If you do not think about it, you will not see your kids as autism kids, you see them as just kids.

If you do not think about it, then when they again and again shouted, make a mess of things, you would not mind. Because now that you do not think about it, each time is just like the first time they are doing it. And to you their shout is no longer a problem when you do not think about it, the mess is no longer a problem when you do not think about it. A shout is just a shout, neither good nor bad when you do not think about it.

If you do not think about it, each time you clean up their mess, you do not think about the misery of you cleaning up their mess again and again, for each time, you just do it. You do not think if what you are doing is good or bad, you just do it.

Hope I am not too confusing to you , but hope you can see that everything is just an illusion. So do not think your problem is too huge to be solved or removed. Because they are an illusion, when you know are no longer living in your current dream, all your problems will evaporate into thin air.

So how do we solve the problem. For a start, go purchase the audio CD on "The Power Of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. It will totally straighten out your view of the world. This is one of the best work I have seen in the commercial market. At the meantime, do the following yoga breathing exercises as often as you can;

Take in 3 counts of deep breath to your lower abdominal (2 fingers below navel) and 7 counts of slow breathing out. During these breathing, relax your whole body and your mind and just bring your attention to your lower abdominal. When you have thinking, do not worry about it and do not analyze it. Just bring you mind back to your lower abdominal.

If you want more clarification or details, you can continue to post through this thread .

All the best!

Last edited by moderator2; 07-11-2007 at 06:17 AM. Reason: no emails

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2007, 09:12 AM   #3
(female)

tinymom05 HB User

well obviously u do not have 2 kids with autism, and just so you know i love them very much i dont have the problem with the "autism" i have a mild case of "autism" myself just so you know and you dont get the wrong impression of me. do u have therapists in your home from 9a.m. until 4p.m. no u dont so u have no idea u cant just pretend things are what they arent. and when you have parents who pay no attention to one child and pay so much attention to the other to the point my one child is affected and crying i dont think i can ignore that. enough said. walk a day in someone elses shoes before you judge. i appreciate the advice but u really have no idea

Old 07-14-2007, 11:07 AM   #4
(male)

charlesyclim HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinymom05 View Post
well obviously u do not have 2 kids with autism, and just so you know i love them very much i dont have the problem with the "autism" i have a mild case of "autism" myself just so you know and you dont get the wrong impression of me. do u have therapists in your home from 9a.m. until 4p.m. no u dont so u have no idea u cant just pretend things are what they arent. and when you have parents who pay no attention to one child and pay so much attention to the other to the point my one child is affected and crying i dont think i can ignore that. enough said. walk a day in someone elses shoes before you judge. i appreciate the advice but u really have no idea
You are right, I do not have 2 autism kids and i do not have therapists in my home from 9am until 4pm so I do not know how you feel. My apologies.

Anyway, what I am trying to do here is to suggest a different perspective to our life. Just thought you may want to take one step back and relook at life again and ask yourself what is it all about? Why are we born into this world? Coz when we find the answer, we realize whatever situation we are in, we will not be stressed. When we find our daughter need us, we will make ourself available and help...minus all the thinking process... then we can help our child without the stress portion.

I have terrible stress more than 20 years ago to the point that I do not find much meaning in life anymore. So I started in a journey to look at my whole life again and to find out what life is really all about. Today I found the answer and I was hoping that I can help with what I have found. But obviously it did not quite kick off here. Its just that for every situation, no matter how terrible it is, we as human have a choice, the choice of receiving it with a smile or otherwise. The day we believe that it is possible to receive with a smile, will be the turning point of our life.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:18 AM   #5
(female)

tinymom05 HB User

well you are really inspiring me to look at life different. i understand what you mean and i am trying hard to look at life different, it is kinda hard to do but i totally understand where you are coming from. sorry if i come across as rude i just like i said before have too much stress. but i am trying

Old 07-15-2007, 07:57 PM   #6
(male)

charlesyclim HB User

That is wonderful.

P.S. You may want to check out the book or audio CD I mentioned, "The Power Of Now." by Eckhart Tolle. Incidentally, this is one of Oprah Winfrey few favourite book

Last edited by moderator2; 07-15-2007 at 08:21 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Old 07-19-2007, 11:40 AM   #7
(female)

x3lewisgina HB User

I have a child with moderate CP and I can relate with the constant business of a mom with a handicapped child/children. I don't know much about wellbutrin (sp) but I have heard good things. I say try what the doctor recommends and take note of how your body reacts. It's good to try to make time for yourself even if it's 30 mins. a night to read or watch t.v. Your body needs that down time to compress. It's also very important to have a small aspect of socialization in your life with friends. This will give you a small outlet for the hectic day to day schedule. Good luck and I hope things improve.

Closed Thread