It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2007, 08:02 AM   #1
(female)

look4help HB User
Unhappy I know it is stress, what do I do?

Okay, to put it midly, my job is stressing me out. There are so many things about it, the work itself, the managment, the long days, everything. I cannot sleep at night, I worry about work constantly, have panick attacks, and headaches all the time at work. I am currently looking for another job, but it ain't so easy. In the meantime, I feel like I am going to explode. I took the last 2 days off, and I just dread the thought of going back. It literally makes me sick. And I cannot get into see my dr until the end of August.

What can I do?

Old 07-10-2007, 03:09 PM   #2
(female)

ladynight HB User
Re: I know it is stress, what do I do?

I had the same thing happen to me, and I was told to try meditation when I got home from work and try not to think about work once you are done with it. Another thing is maybe trying a sleep aid before you go to bed. Stress is worse when we cannot sleep, our bodies are tired which makes us all the more stressed out. One thing a doctor told me to do which may sound crazy is take a bag of some sort and use canned foods. For every one thing you are worried about mark one can with a piece of paper and a piece of tape. Put the paper on the can and then put it in the bag do this for every one thing you think about. Carry that bag around your house for the next couple of hours and before you go to bed take out one can at a time and ask yourself what can I do to change this. Write down what you can change and make another list of what you cannot change. On the change list write down how you can change it and on the others let go of it. This teaches you to first of all feel the burden you carry on your shoulders each day. 2nd it teaches you how to control what you can and let go of what you cannot control. 3rd it teaches you how to put things in a new perspective. By letting go of what you cannot change you learn to deal with just what you can change right now or in the near future. You also find out by lugging that bag around that you carry a lot of things that you do not have to carry. Also make a list at night on what you are dealing with and how you may be able to take care of what ever is bothering you, that way you let go of it so you may fall asleep instead of taking it to bed with you. I wish you the best of Luck and it may sound crazy but it did help me after doing it for several nights straight. I learned I could only change so much and the rest I could do nothing about at that time and I needed to give this up to my higher power since I could not do anything put pray.It is not easy but it does work for some people.
Good Luck
Lady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2007, 04:10 AM   #3
(male)

charlesyclim HB User
Re: I know it is stress, what do I do?

Getting stress out is so common now a days that it becomes normal. For such thing, it is important to solve it at the root of the problem, otherwise it will re-surface in the future in one form or another. Today we get easily stressed out because life has become so hectic and demanding. However, we are never taught how to handle life issues such as stress, anger, fear and so on. So it is not surprising that we are all now overwhelm by all these problems. There are numerous method to solve such problems, but only few really solve the problems effectively.

During my early twenties, I was also overwhelm by fear so I can understand how draining such problem can be and with such problem we are not able to live life to the fullest. What I would like to do is introduce to you some way to solve your fear. You can check them out yourself and check with me anything you want more details or clarification.

Firstly, know that all our problems are created by our thinking. Yes, just thinking and nothing else. Simple right? So simple that you are not convinced? Now, imagine if you do not think about the problem, about your work, about your boss and everything else, will you have fear? Not possible. Still not convinced? Then try an experiment; go to your favourite movie or tv program. You will find that you no longer have the fear generated by your work place, but are instead feeling the same way as the movie or tv program. So our fear is just a delusion by our mind, they are not real, they are only created by our thinking. So the best solution to fear is to cease your convulsive thinking. One of the best teaching available in the commercial market I have seen is "The Power Of Now" by Eckhart Tolle. It will be a good idea to get his audio CD and book.

Secondly, know that your mind is not you. Which means that your feeling of fear is not you. You are only being deceived by your mind into thinking that it is real, it is you. We have all the fear, anger, addiction and so on is because we are all deceived by our thinking; our thinking creats a false world around us. So the solution here is to take over the steering wheel from your mind and you will find life much more rewarding and meaningful. Again "The Power Of Now" explain this pretty clearly. There are ways to do this. One of the easiest and effective and method is to do the yoga breathing; take 3 counts deep breath into the bottom of your stomach (2 fingers below your navel) and 7 counts of breathing out. When you do this relax your whole body and mind and just put your attention on the bottom of your stomach. When you have thinking, not to worry about it, just bring your attention back to the bottom of your stomach. Do this as often as you can. Slowly you will find that you have more and more control over your mind, instead of the other way round.

Of cause there are medication which can help you temporary, but it never solve the problem so try to avoid it as much as possible.

There are also psychological theory in solving such problems but they all centre around analyzing your problem, which is really trying to use our thinking to solve our thinking. You will find such solution very taxing and really not effective.

So by yourself, also avoid analyzing your fear, it will take you nowhere.

The method I share with you above is a teaching that was already available more than 2500 years ago. It is the first step towards finding ourselves. When you find your true self, you will no longer by struggle in life anymore. Instead you will be able to live above life, strive and realize dreams which you now thought not possible.

Closed Thread