It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 11:12 PM   #1
(female)

tessta91 HB User
Exclamation Urgent! Why Do I Feel Like Im Dying! Stress Is My Last Answer!

I tried not to keep it detailed but its still rather long sorry! But PLEASE HELP! This is making my life an everyday struggle and I'm starting to believe it is caused by stress... But I can't really grasp onto the fact that something I think about is having such a severe negative impact on me!

NB: I'm extremely cautious of my health. I go to the gym atleast a good 4 times a week before school, I eat enough food and everything I eat I make sure is superhealthy to some extent and I get enough good quality sleep!! so I'm lost as to why I feel so severely deterioriated.

SYMPTOMS OF STRESS VS SYMTPOMS OF INVIDIUAL

Stress supresses the immune system. I've never had more viruses this year then I have in my life!
Stress can cause loss of concentration, memory and energy. I feel as though my brain is "lazy" I just can't be bothered thinking, and I don't register things immediatley or fully. PLUS IM CONSTANTLY TIRED! Throughout the WHOLE day!
Stress can cause headaches. I've been getting headaches ALOT more frequently then I usually did
Stress can lead to diminished sexual desire and an inability to achieve orgasm in women. ...Check!
Stress can cause abnormal menstrual bleeding. Tick! And I'm on the pill!
Stress plays a role in exacerbating a number of skin conditions, including hives, eczema & skin rashes. I have itchless skin rashes randomly along my arm AND my eczma has returned!
Stress increases a chemical in the body called Epinephrine which lowers blood pressure. I currently have a low blood pressure! (Tried drinking more water, Increasing salt intake & even taking Iron supplements
Stress disrupts the levels of serotonin (The hormone which gives people a happy felling of well-being) and as we all know.. just plain makes you irratated and angry. Now days I am VERY short tempered and I'm never fully happy - as in when I am happy there is still a part of me that is irritated. And I get frustrated and snap very easily! It's horrible!

Some other symptoms are; constant worrying (I'm even briefly thinking being checked out for paranoia, but last resort defanently!), I now consider myself a pessimist, I can't relax because I think too much into things, Sometimes I feel lonely or isolated (To be more specific, I feel as though I should spend more time with my friends), I also have nervous habits such as nail biting, It has only become a major problem recently

PLEASE I beg of you, Give me ANY advice you think would help.. And mainly I would like ANYONES opinion as to whether it may be stress or something else!

THANKS A BUNCH!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2007, 11:20 PM   #2
(female)

tessta91 HB User
Re: Urgent! Why Do I Feel Like Im Dying! Stress Is My Last Answer!

ALSO PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING...
I'm sitting TEE exams next week, which will ultimately decide my year 12 subjects and in broader terms, my career. But I don't seem to worry too much about them..

My mum has impossibly high expectations from me, considering I'm the oldest and my younger sister is exceedingly smart, getting various scholarships and distinctions.. I on the other hand have been struggling my whole life up until recently (explaination below..)

About 7 months ago I was perscribed dexies for my short attention span (Yes, ADD) I'm also very tolerant to them now..

I use to have a part time job which brought an income of 120$ a week and then I quit (July 07) due to low payrate. I've handed in 14 resumes requesting people and only 2 weeks ago did I get a job (which I haven't even started yet) Which meant I went from 120$ to nothing & I am.. um.. one of those people who buy new things just for short term happiness and satisfaction (dont know the proper name..)

sorry for it being so long but please have an input

Old 11-15-2007, 03:59 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

JAM82 HB User

Tessta,

I dont usually visit this board but as i am off work sick at the moment with stress thought id drop you a wee line to see if it gives you any clarification.

I have had 3 periods in the past 4 wks even though i am on fertility medication which should ensure i dont bleed.

I have felt extremeley run down and its showing in my skin and hair.

I could sleep forever.

I have no interest in doing anything- havnt been out in ages.

I have has a sore head for the past 8 days which will not go away even with the painkillers i have taken, it feels like a heavy weight has been sat on top of my head,my forehead aches,my scull is sore,i feel the worst nausea ever,
yet its nothing like a migrane.

I went to my gp on tuesday who has advised that the reason painkillers will not take it away is because its stress related and has given me anti anxiety meds.

I really think you should visit your gp as i feel stress maybe whats causing your headaches and do it now before the pain get so bad you cannot function at all.

Good luck xx

Old 11-15-2007, 10:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessta91 View Post
ALSO PLEASE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING...
I'm sitting TEE exams next week, which will ultimately decide my year 12 subjects and in broader terms, my career.

But I don't seem to worry too much about them..

My mum has impossibly high expectations from me, considering I'm the oldest and my younger sister is exceedingly smart, getting various scholarships and distinctions.. I on the other hand have been struggling my whole life up until recently (explaination below..)

About 7 months ago I was perscribed dexies for my short attention span (Yes, ADD) I'm also very tolerant to them now..

I use to have a part time job which brought an income of 120$ a week and then I quit (July 07) due to low payrate. I've handed in 14 resumes requesting people and only 2 weeks ago did I get a job (which I haven't even started yet) Which meant I went from 120$ to nothing

& I am.. um.. one of those people who buy new things just for short term happiness and satisfaction (dont know the proper name..)

(
Hi Tessta, you do have enough here to be stressed about. Are you sure that you are not worrying about your exams? Are your mother's expectations really stressing you out? Maybe talk to her about this? You would be surprised how this can help you. Did your stress start around the time of the new med that you started? Could this anxiety of yours be a side-effect of this medication? Is the term that you were looking for "shopaholic"? Do you consider yourself not basically happy or anxious or both?

Old 11-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User

Testa, just from reading your post, it sounds like you are living a way too stressful lifestyle. I'm also inclined to believe that your concern for your health may be one of the main reasons you are so stressed out. You could also be overtrained at the gym which definitely takes its emotional and physical tolls on the body.

I would consider taking a step back from it all and really examine how you are living your life and taking a good look at how much undue stress and demands you are putting on yourself. The last thing I'd want is for you to run yourself into the ground. Perhaps seeing your doctor and discussing this will help guide you down the right path.

Last edited by CFD 333; 11-16-2007 at 09:58 AM.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:52 PM   #6
(male)

moldman HB User

Tessta,

Sorry. I don’t ‘believe’ in stress. It is a garbage can term for burnt out adrenal glands that doctors refuse to recognize or treat. They only know what is called Frank Adrenal Failure, which they treat with drugs. The reason that people ‘feel’ they can’t cope or are ‘under stress’ is because the adrenals are so low they can’t keep up. If they did I am sure that the things that you are describing as emotional pressure now wouldn’t even be an issue. You do, however, have a lot of problems.

Low immunity, fatigue, low BP, salt/mineral imbalance, and mood swings is possibly from low adrenal function.
Adrenal glandular, chromium picolinate, B-vitamins, vitamin C.

Other considerations are low Histamine leading to low sex drive, low BP, confusion, weakness.
Copper supplements taken very sparingly. (Rule out Wilson’s Disease first)

The Pill causes a variety of vitamin deficiencies including B vitamins. You need to see if these conditions started with The Pill since drugs are usually the first thing to look at for side-effects.

Nail biting is a sign of low T-1 thyroid hormone or Pin Worms (this is how the eggs get back into the body. Although Pin Worms are indigenous to North America, there are no borders anymore and it could be some other ‘critter‘.)

Don’t give yourself over the to ‘stress’ lie. Find a doctor (alternative medicine practitioners will be the only ones who will believe it is not in your head and who will get to the bottom of what might be going on) and if any say the word ‘stress’ then find another doctor.

Closed Thread