It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2008, 07:52 PM   #1
(female)

Sunhearts2 HB User
Advice?

I grind my teeth in my sleep. I have been feeling very tense and have no patience at all. So I went to the DR and he told me I am under alot of stress.. He prescribed me Klonopin 0.5 mg. He just gave me a 2 week supply and wants me to come back in 2 weeks and let him know how it works.

I am scared to take this pill, because I read up on alot and it said that people become addicted to it or it makes them depressed. I don't need anything like this happening to me. I have a 3 yr old son to take care of. I am so afraid that if I take it I will get worse or I will become addicted. Is their anyone out there on this pill? Or anyone know about it? What does it make you feel like? Does it stay in your system long? I just want to feel better and have more patience. I want to be BETTER and have more patience with things in life!

Also- I have a few chipped teeth from grinding them at night (it's so bad that I wake up in pain or sometimes wake myself up if my hubby doesn't tap me to stop.) I am going to be getting this fixed at the dentist and if he prescribes me a pain medication will it be safe with the klonopin?

Old 03-12-2008, 08:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: Advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunhearts2 View Post
I just want to feel better and have more patience.
I don't any any answers for your med questions. I did have to work on anxiety though and I used to clench my teeth during the day and I was able to stop this. I also worked on my anxiety and I have so much more patience today than I used to. For me, what helped was changing my expectations about things and making myself stop and think at the very moment "Is getting upset my only option right now?" I realized that I could calm myself down in all of these situations and decrease my frustration over things.
Do you understand why you are feeling tense?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread