It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #1
(male)

Raider72 HB User
stress symptoms?

Been having severe anxiety and worries lately, and only because I think I'm bringing it on myself.... I have had anxiety/panic disorder for 10 years now, been under meds and it's been fine, no attacks or anything, but the odd nervousness which is normal. I've been under some stress and have alot happening later this year (house,moving,relocating) which is making me worried/stressful hoping everything goes smooth and fine, which i'm sure it will be, however...

About 6 weeks ago I started getting really achy muscles in my arms and legs, would come and go, (mostly now in the arms only, biceps area, not under arm pits) the more I thought and noticed it the stronger the aches, when I wasn't thinking about it I felt fine, no aches or anything. I always self-diagnose and is probably the problem of all my aches, I shouldn't be doing it, I will search the internet all my symptoms etc and get these worries I have cancer, lupus, hiv etc as when I put down achy muscles, sore throat etc those all come up. The achy muscles are still there, I have a sore throat (not severe, just feel a bit like something is in the back of my throat when I swallow, more annoying than sore, I dont have sore lymph nodes or anything, no white spots) and no flu symptoms or anything else with the sore throat, I feel fine. The only other symptom is my ears feel plugged up sometimes as well, mostly when I'm dwelling or thinking about my symptoms. I did feel sick awhile ago with a flu, cold etc, and sure enough my arms and legs felt fine then... aches went away. Probably because my mind was on my flu symptoms and not the aches. I've also had ulcers in my mouth (twice), white flim inside lower lip (not on tongue or cheeks) which felt like a cankor sore, but those went anyway and been awhile since I had them, was before all these recent aches started, and I think was due to a mouthwash I was using, dr. said was just an ulcer... Another week I went away for 3 days out of town for a little vacation i guess, and the entire time, no aches. But when I returned home, my aches came back. I get a physical (every year) and always fine... but I just get worried when i read all these symptoms are also signs of something serious.... muscle aches, rash, plugged ears, sore throat... is this all me worrying way too much? stress causing all this?

Like I said, i don't think im worried, but later this year I will be having alot of changes, alot to plan, I guess I am nervous, kinda anxious or worried hoping all goes well... these aches are the last thing I need right now and I'm worrying myself crazy! Stress?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2008, 01:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: stress symptoms?

Raider72, hi there! The power of your thoughts is a very strong thing. I too suffer from severe anxiety and stress and haven't realized that it has all started from thoughts in my head. It has caused me to have muscle twitches for almost a year now. I even tried to take an anti depressant pill and that was horrific the day I took that. It gave me terriable side effects. I decided I am going to try and face my problems head on and see if I can't resolve some things. Most likely you have just been carrying stress and need to find a way to unload it. Hang in there! You will be ok!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:56 PM   #3
(male)

Raider72 HB User

ok, so had my doctors appt. and well, he said basically it's all anxiety related. I am under some stress, well alot of changes coming up in the next few months, I dont think im stressed out because of it but I am constantly thinking and worrying about how it works out.... I have had anxiety/panic for 10 years now but been under control with my meds. Thats why this is bothering me, these symptoms are all somewhat new... usually when I have anxiety it's just nervous/dizzy feeling, not pains or aches.
Anyways, of course most my pains are gone now that I saw my doctor and he said not to worry and to relax, says not only is it my nerves/anxiety but I'm also "somatoform" disorder... which is constant worrying about pains that aren't there, or brought on by worrying! Basically I think im also a hypocondriac! Well I
feel ok now that I've had that visit with the doc, but the throat is the only thing bothering me now....

so my question is this....

can stress cause you to have that "lump in throat" feeling? Not really pain, doesnt hurt, but when I swallow I feel like something is at the back of my throat, and have that yucky mucus feeling as well.... kind of like I feel a flu coming on or sore throat but it's not getting worse, or better.... I'm always swallowing and trying to relieve this feeling.... can stress/anxiety cause this?

Old 05-05-2008, 06:16 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

shorebird HB User

Raider it definitely can cause symptoms like that>
TEd give cbt a try I think it will help you a lot now that you are ready to face your fears and take them on. Also nice reply to raider; very positive!

Old 05-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #5
(female)

Bat23 HB User

Hi there, stress can cause many many things, and mostly it causes tension. Different muscles of your body can get tense and therefore swell a little bit (sort of like when you exercise a lot and then they get all hard and hurt). Depending on where this tension is located, it can cause different sorts of pain and/or problems. Usually when you have a sore throat it is because it is swollen, and so if your tension is located there then that can be causing the pain. It wouldn't be the same soreness as with the flu because there is no bacteria and no irritation, just less space for swallowing. When your ears feel like pooping, it is the same thing (had a friend who had to drop Uni for a semester because her doctor said she was risking to go deaf from stress, her ears buzzed and felt blocked).

Hope this explanation works for you. My knee-cap got dislocated or 'popped-out' because of stress, excessive tension in the leg muscles around the knee. Tried a few doctors, who kept me on meds and nothing was working. They wanted me to have surgery but I refused and so I went for accupuncutre. Pain was gone in about 3 weeks. Might want to try this, different types of therapeutical massages (ie Shiatsu) and/or accupunture help release knots of tension. And massages are nice =)

Old 06-20-2008, 12:44 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

shorebird HB User

I agree that acupuncture and massage can help relieve a lot of stress in your muscles

Old 07-09-2008, 06:37 AM   #7
(female)

Amo531 HB User

Can blistering b one symptom of been stress? Because some people been telling me it could b.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:29 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

shorebird HB User

I have not personally heard of that being a symptom, but it very well could be.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:44 AM   #9
(female)

Amo531 HB User

But the thing is i have nothing 2 b stressed about> but thank's anyway 4 u comment

Old 07-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

shorebird HB User

You're welcome and I hope your blisters clear up

Old 07-22-2008, 10:03 PM   #11
(male)

NOTGOINGTOQUIT HB User

Hello People,
With all do respect of what everyone has said, sometimes I believe the state is involved in hiring the quacks to tell us its all in our head. And yes their are a few exceptions to the matter. But when I know for a fact that all the scans and MRI tell other wise like evidence of a existing problem and with what is observed on the MRI results the pain isn't in our minds. I've had two major surgeries and came out of the drugs taking for the pain. With no problems. But now a year ago found out I had a ruptured dish lower lumbar. so the doc did two never injection shots, well didn't work. So he had to do surgery. And you know what really pi**es me off is when their those people who don't really need pain medication, so they steal or go tell the doctor I'm hurting here or there and they prescribe pain medication so they can sell to other friends just to get a high. Now my doc has just did another MRI and said I have another ruptured dic, not telling me if it was same one he participially removed, and won't prescribe strong pain medication so I can get descent sleep at night. No the Doc is being kind of distant on telling the nurses that I should come in to schedule a appoint to discuss alternatives. He told at the time right before surgery that the process should last about 10 years. Ok I can be ok with 5, but only one year. And yeah he knew what type of work i did slinging metal around to inspect it off of pallets. Thinking maybe he should of just remove all of the disk and just fuzzed the bones together to get in down right the first time so won't have to come to this again.I make 65k to 70k a year along with my wife salary of 32k a year we survive. And I'm not going to drop dead and collect disability for a measly 1000 dollars a month and bring my family to a low standard because i trusted a doctors diagnoses. Sad part apart it is Iwasn't even picking anything up when i started having shooting pains in my left buttocks down my back side of left left leg and couldn't even lay down or sit down. As much money as us tax payers pay, I believe the state needs to regulate who really needs a pain reliever and who doesn't. So people who have real problems have proper car. Isn't it something when someone is on their death bed and put in a hospice ward, they will injected then with anything so they will go out with no pain. )I DON'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH PAIN WHETHER I'M ALIVE OR FIXING TO DIE)!!!! lET ME PUSH A SHARP DIC INTO YOUR SYOTIC NERVE AND TELL YOU ITS ALL IN YOUR HEAD, OR MAYBE PASS A KIDNEY STONE AND SOMEONE TELLS YOU ITS ALL I YOUR MIND.

My doc took my MRI yesterday and told the nurses that he saw a ruptured dic but won't tell which one. So should I trust him. or get another opinion. I talk to another attorney and he said I should do that and he says he's procedure was incompetent. that I would have case against him. I don't like being mean and never done this before.but I know reading about when you go see a doc and get test ex-rays or MRI's he sees what he wants you to see, but won;t show you other factors that will have you coming back for another diagnosis to get another procedure done, when he already knew it just to get the business or money, the second time

I will not give up and will not become a disabled person loser on the streets bringing home crappy wages for my family to live on. I will continue to be a productive member of society, and not give up

A honest mistake, bull cr*p, you play you pay, you make mistakes you pay the prices and make things right. thats why those doc pay such high prices for malpractice insurance

Closed Thread