It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2008, 11:11 PM   #1
(female)

Catherine83 HB User
Stressing To The Point I Feel Sick To My Stomache

I worry and stress over EVERYTHING...from the biggest of things to the dumbest of things..leave it to me to worry about it. I've always been a worrier (even as a small child) and I don't know how to get it under control. I can stress myself out over things as silly as my checkbook not balancing up right by .01!!! I've noticed that I'm making myself sick even. My stomach will hurt to the point that I have diarrhea. I know that it is my nerves because I took a nerve pill that my mother has to take (adavan (spelling?) ) and my stomach stopped hurting and I felt great... But I hate to know that I have to take a med in order to get through a day. ..plus Iíve heard that they are highly addictive and I want to try to avoid that. Sometimes I wont even be thinking of anything to worry about but I'll have a nervous stomach. Iíve also noticed that there have been days when simply going down the road to the grocery store seems almost impossible and Iíll almost feel drained and shaking by the time I get home. Any suggestions on how to relax?? I'm tired of feeling sick and struggling through the day. Thanks ~ Catherine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sophie56 HB User
Re: Stressing To The Point I Feel Sick To My Stomache

Hi, I am new to the board...this is the first post I have done. I am going to advise you in a way that alot of people will not agree with so please make this decision on your own. I had conseling for years and still do ocassional. I am an obsessive worrier just like you. The counseling helps but is not enough. He put me on a nerve pill as well. He said it's like cancer or any other disease if there is a medicine for it you'd probably take it...this is not in your mind and some people can't just get over. My caution to you is to take the lowest dosage you need to feel better. If it makes you disoriented, sleepy, etc. it is probably too strong. It took me and my doctor several months to get it right. I still do not have a perfect life but it is so much better and I have never regreted taking the medicine. Good luck to you. I know what a miserable life it can be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2008, 04:45 AM   #3
(female)

vanessa2318 HB User
Re: Stressing To The Point I Feel Sick To My Stomache

Catherine, some people have acute stress, anxiety, or panic attacks. My boyfriend has acute panic attacks and at one point and time did not leave his room for over a year. Finally one night he saw a program on panic attacks and realized what was going on. He began therapy and learned relaxation techniques but still needed to go on a low dose of anxiety meds. I myself suffer from panic attacks to. It gets to the point where I get so sick I vomit or get diarrhea, too. So, it is a common thing. Some people have good response to therapy alone and others still require a low dose of anti anxiety meds. You should definitely look into seeing someone, when it starts to affect your life like driving to the store, you need to seek out some kind of aid. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Closed Thread