It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #1
(male)

pyramid of succ HB User
What would you do?

First of all I'm not sure what I am going through. What happens to me is my mind wonders and I start thinking sick things about people I love and about God. I am a christian and attend church regurally. I love God and all these people I think sick things about. These thoughts are very perverted and once it enters my mind I can't get rid of it. I have kept this to myself because I am ashamed to tell someone what I think. I turely am a good person and try everyday to do what is right. I'm not like this 24/7 but these thoughts are in my brain and when I do obsess on them they ruin my day. I get nervous and I don't know what to do. Today I was with people all day and kept my mind focused on other things but as soon as I had idle time these thoughts started haunting me again. They make my stomach feel of knots. I can force myself to go through the day and not let on to anyone about this. It is killing me inside though. Know I don't have thoughts of wanting to hurt myself or anybody I just want to get rid of these thoughts and get back to normal thinking. I think how horrible I must be to have these thoughts and what others would think of me if they knew. I usually think that I am the only person in the world that has something like this happening to them. It is embarassing and unrelgious like to have these kind of thoughts. I am not afraid to admit to someone I have mind problems and need help. But I will have a hard time revealing to someone what is causing me to feel like I do. If anybody has a suggestion of where to start at I would really appreciate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
(female)

andiesq70 HB User
Re: What would you do?

You are off to a good start recognizing you have some problems with what is going on inside you head and that they are inappropriate. I'm not sure what steps to take but have a couple of suggestions; 1. See a therapist and discuss what is going on. 2. Self-talk (inside your mind, not out loud). When you begin to have the inappropriate thoughts ask yourself why? When you find out the answer, repeat it and then dissect it. Then try to re-route what you are thinking. 3. Write down your thoughts, look at them. Write down how it makes you feel, why you feel that way, why it is wrong and then destroy the paper so nobody will know of it but you. Not sure if these suggestions will work but it couldn't hurt. Good luck!

Closed Thread