It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
(female)

lwelch03 HB User
Wedding Stress...AHHHHHHHHHH

So it's a little more than just wedding stress, but it all just hit me today when I called the hall to cancel. UGH!

So last spring, my fiance went to a hall and put a deposit down and set our date for 8/8/09. We were living on our own, had no problems with money, etc. We thought this wouldn't be a problem. We were never behind on anything. His parents offerred for us to move in with them when our lease was up so we could save as much money as we needed. Little did we know our economic crisis would get WORSE than it already was. Mind you we live in MICHIGAN! AHHHHHHHH!!! As time went on, my FIL-to-be was having a hard time finding work. Recently (December 08), he was completely out of work. Him and my MIL are having lots of trouble keeping up with their house payments/bills/etc. All the money that we did save, we gave to them to help them keep their house. Now my FIL-to-be is leaving next week for work out of state. He has no idea how long he is going to be gone, how much he is going to make, or when he will be back to see us all. All he knows is some money is better than none at all. They just want to keep a roof over our heads. There is a total of nine of us living in the house. Back to the wedding story, so we decided we were just going to cancel the wedding at the hall and have a small ceremony with no reception. Well, before we decided this, we called the hall back in October to see if we could push it back a year. She informed me that we would lose out on our $1500 deposit and have to pay it again, plus pay the new price/plate which was a HUGE increase. So I told her I was going to talk to my fiance to see what he wanted to do. NEVER did she tell me, the longer we waited, the more we owed to cancel. I didn't even know we had to pay a "Cancellation" fee. I called today to cancel because there is just NO way possible. We tried to take out student loans, sell stuff, bank loans, etc. just to get money to pay for it and NOTHING. We tried to save some on the side on top of helping my in-laws to be. Now we have to pay a $3200 cancellation fee ON TOP of losing out on our $1500 deposit. OMG! $4700 for NOTHING! I would have much rather donated $4700 to a charity or someone that needs it more than giving it to a hall that doesn't need it. My chest is cramping up and hurts so bad. I just lost it today. I started to ball my eyes out and wonder how in the world we are going to pay this money? I have just been in another world for the last few months. We also have a 16 month old son who we have to take care of. I'm so frustrated! I know a lot of people are going through hard times right now so nobody really wants to hear my sob story, but my goodness...is this ever going to end? My head is throbbing, tears are rolling down my face, I'm shaking, and I have been throwing up throughout the day. I have nobody in my family to turn to because they are all in the same position as myself. It's rough. Everyone is losing their belongings. We have NINE people (seven of working age) and we STILL cannot keep up. Not to mention, my fiance was laid off in the fall and my MIL keeps getting sent home from work early because of the lack of patients. AHHHHHHHH!

Any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2009, 07:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: Wedding Stress...AHHHHHHHHHH

I am sorry for your troubles. My advice would be to tell the people at the hall to "go pound sand"!!! They can keep the $1500 deposit but you are not paying the cancellation fee....just don't have the money.....take me to court. You and your fiance should go to the courthouse, get married so the baby has an intact family and have a barbeque in the backyard. I wish you well and things will get better, I pray. Take care

Old 01-27-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
(female)

lwelch03 HB User
Re: Wedding Stress...AHHHHHHHHHH

Thank you! Well we went for a meeting yesterday and they waived the cancellation fee thank goodness!!! The lady was super nice about it and really understanding. I feel like I can breathe again. I'm a little better now but still upset we don't get to have the wedding I always dreamed of. We are just going to have a ceremony with no reception and just have a "reception-type thing" for one of our anniversary's...probably 5 year. That news just set me over the top, on top of the rest of the stuff going on. Blah! Hopefully the economy gets better soon...it's so hard on everyone!

Closed Thread