It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2010, 04:10 PM   #16
(female)

Darci13 HB User
Re: Stress / Depression

Paul,

Being someone I am new on here by the way, but being someone that has suffered from depression and anxiety all my life and I am now 57 years old....I am wondering is there something that set this off for you? As it seems from the way you are telling it it seems to have just come on you and you had not suffered from depression and anxiety in the past? I know a lot of jobs people are on now are just way too stressful and it is even more stressful to those of us who put ourselves to a higher standard of getting things done the right way and the right time. I know I myself hold myself at a high level of accountability more so than do others at work, but since I have done that my whole career now in the fast-paced way life is, the cut backs, more and more responsibilities and work being added to you, they just look at you to do it even better and even more work. I know that's how it is for me at work and I too am stressed above and beyond and do not know what to do about it. I see a counselor and I also take meds, but when you grow to expect so very much out of yourself and are used to doing so much and they just keep piling on and piling on it does get unbearable. I wish I had a quick fix but I don't. The only suggestion I have is to keep seeing a good counselor and have a good psych doctor for the meds as they stay up on top of the meds and their side effects and how one works with the other and so forth a lot more so than does a general practice dr.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #17
(female)

lynnetta HB User

Please try and focus on each day at a time. Do not go to your past (even a week ago) and do not go to the future.. Just concentrate on each day.. When your mind goes elsewhere, do your best to immed stop thinking about that and focus on right now. Be positive the best you can... I understand that is difficult at times. Best of luck. Will pray for you.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #18
(female)

Tenngal HB User

you need some low dose xanax for short-term and get started on something else long-term. Generic Prozac has been a blessing for me and I take a low dose. Evens me out and I can make it through the day without obessing over the same ideas and constantly doubting myself. You might only need the drugs for a few months, seems to work that way with me.

Closed Thread