It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 08:42 AM   #1
(male)

lightingbird HB User
Girlfriend stressed... how can I help?

Hello all,

I have some stress and I'm doing my best to manage it by talking about it, working out, focusing on hobbies, and other things. My girlfiend on the other hand is stressing about things like her job(shes 1st grade teacher), her fathers death a few months ago, and some other things.

Basically, I'm wondering what can I do to help? We live together and I try to help by making her baths and not stressing her but I need help.

Any ideas?

Old 03-16-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
(male)

henda11 HB User
Re: Girlfriend stressed... how can I help?

my girlfriend really bad stress and depression two years ago, you should try taking her out as often as you can, maybe for a meal, cinema, even have a nice hot bath and stuff ready for her when she gets in and then afterwards a nice massage and ask her to tell you whats on her mind, because theres nothing better than talking about you problems properly with someone who will listen. Try treating her with gifts and such aswell, let her know you there as much as you can.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2009, 12:35 AM   #3
(female)

mollybear1 HB User

just listen to her and tell her you love her and lots of hugs and kisses

Old 03-26-2009, 02:17 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

Get all thoughts of fixing her out of your head. Just be there and do the stuff the others have said. Listening is paramount, but never offer advice or "cheer ups". Just listen and let her express her feelings without feeling that you have a duty to 'do something'. Sera.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:41 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

JewelryJulie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by henda11 View Post
my girlfriend really bad stress and depression two years ago, you should try taking her out as often as you can, maybe for a meal, cinema, even have a nice hot bath and stuff ready for her when she gets in and then afterwards a nice massage and ask her to tell you whats on her mind, because theres nothing better than talking about you problems properly with someone who will listen. Try treating her with gifts and such aswell, let her know you there as much as you can.
She still your girlfriend? I would love a bf like you!

Old 05-18-2009, 05:55 AM   #6
(male)

Anthony9 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
Get all thoughts of fixing her out of your head. Just be there and do the stuff the others have said. Listening is paramount, but never offer advice or "cheer ups". Just listen and let her express her feelings without feeling that you have a duty to 'do something'. Sera.
Seraph, I think this is almost certainly the soundest reply posted Us men do like to fix things... and that often ain't what is actually required. The desire to help is wonderful... it's just our methods can often hinder things more than we realise.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:26 AM   #7
(female)

honeydiet HB User

I am a stressed out wife. My husband knows the best thing to do is listen, give massages and just lie beside me. Those are the things that ease the stress. I know he's there and he cares and that is the most important thing. Sometimes he gets frustrated because he wants to fix it and he can't. I tell him not to try to cheer me up because it makes me feel guilty when he does that.

Stress really sucks and hopefully she can get out and exercise it off. A good hike or jog can go a long way. Even if you get her out walking around the block, it might ease her stress a bit.

Remember that it will pass and she will be grateful that you were there for her the whole time.

Closed Thread