It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

kevinla HB Userkevinla HB User
Can stress cause severe stomach problems?

I have been having bloating, constipation, getting full easy, loss appetite, and severe fatigue and my gastrologist just about 100% certain based on what I have been telling him, that stress is causing these symtoms.

I also have psychological issues.

Everywhere I read on the internet, my symptoms point to gastrits.

He says I can have an endoscopy, but is certain it won't show anything.

Can stress cause severe stomach problems?

Old 05-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
(male)

TheAngelGabriel HB User
Re: Can stress cause severe stomach problems?

How's it going? I know when you are trying to search for answers and you are just getting views and no responses it could be frustrating. To answer your question as best as possible i would say yes, very much so. my experiences beginning since last november just out of nowhere i began to have alot of stomach issues, same like you, and my stress began to build even more about it for i feared the worse. Now i have never felt anything like this before so after a couple trips to the er and trips to my doctors office, i was always asked, are you under some type of stress?? I was and still am and was given numerous tests to rule out everything so the conclusion at the end of it was stress/anxiety. At first i wasn't really sure if this could be very possible but after hearing it over and over and doing tests and extensive reading, i've come to terms that yes it must be stress since everything else has been ruled out. I still have stomach issues and am still stressed...the body can do crazy things to itself when the mind is freaking out so i would suggest look around figure out some things that might relieve the stomach issues you are dealing with. I'm sure you'll find these boards very helpful as i have. Hope all goes well.

- Gabriel

Last edited by TheAngelGabriel; 05-09-2009 at 03:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
(male)

SFX Group HB User

Can be stress however i had a simular issue, turns out to be an intolorance to something ive eaten for YEARS so as the stress built up in normal life the food didnt help me as that was created more body stress as well.

For me ive stopped eating wheat, lost 30lbs in 10 weeks, infact dropped a pants size and people are now saying how thin i look...

Check food types, that will help, see someone to do an electrical food test to see what your body wont like (its not an allergy test, you need intolorance test).

Many Thanks
Ashley

Old 12-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
(male)

Chucklehead HB User

Echoing the above -- "yes, very much so".
Personally I get hit hard in the neck and shoulders when I get stressed. An almost immediate WHAM and I am all tense and sore.
But stomach issues are common too.
Wish I could help. Best of luck.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:41 AM   #5
(female)

qendresa HB User

yes appsolutely....i am a student and having so much exams i am under stress...while this i have several stomach problems....it feels like stomachs full and i cant eat anything...!!i have tried so many things and unfourtunately nothing worked..
...it is helpful to lie on ur stomach,put a bottle with warm water and relax..it helps me...i hope it helps u 2....

Old 02-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #6
(female)

jubilee2278 HB User

Kevinla,
Stress can cause stomach problems. When your body is under stress, more acid is produced in your stomach. This is a defense mechanism that your body uses. For examle, if people are under stress it can cause ulcers among other things. You should probably talk to your doctor and see if there are any tests he would run to check you out or medication he could prescribe to make you more comfortable. Also, your doctor may be able to suggest some activities to help reduce your stress or suggest some foods that are more easily digestable. Good luck.

jubilee2278

Closed Thread