It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
(male)

HGuillermo HB User
Question Is stress and depression the same thing?

I have been going through some stressful times and have been to see 3 doctors but before I can explain what I am personally going through 2 of them stopped me to say they know what my problem is....they say I am depressed. Oh? I didn't know I was depressed. And so they want to give me meds for depression and I really don't want to take them unless no other choice.
So now I am trying to find out if stress and depression are actually the same thing?
I need help with this problem ASAP.
From some of the things I have been reading today it may be termed anxiety, but I really don't think that I am depressed. May not be far from it if can't get answers/help pretty soon.---lol lol

Old 05-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

reg12 HB User
Re: Is stress and depression the same thing?

I do not think they are the same thing. Stress can cause depression. Anxiety can cause stress. Sometime it depends on who wrote the article as how they want to use it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
(female)

sh 08 HB User

alot of people tend to think depression means you are sad and sometimes we sit back and say ummm i am not sad just stressed out so why are they saying this? i think the term depression is taken a lot more differently than what it means which is unfortunate because there is so much more to it than crying and feeling down in the dumps. Depending on how you are able to handle your stress and such i wouldnt say no to meds yet because as time goes with the chemicals and such in your body,k itcan take over making the most simplest of tasks seem worse...on the other hand in the beginning the meds can make you feel worse than you did before you took them making in a lose lose situation....do some internet research with specific symptoms and see what you can find out. if you can describe them here it may help too.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
(female)

Rose Abby HB User

Stress and depression are two different health issues. Regardless of this fact, if you do have stress or depression, you should seek medical help. There are also various info you can find online to help you deal with stress and with depression.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:31 PM   #5
(female)

ellen21 HB User

well i think both stress and depression are two different things............stress is well you have more workload or you are worried about some work its more mental while depression is which is actually effecting your emotions

Old 07-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #6
(female)

miley15 HB User

Long term stress will eventually cause you to become depressed, so then not only are you stressed your depressed as well. Reduce your stress levels

Old 10-22-2009, 03:43 PM   #7
(male)

SFX Group HB User

There different, stress is to work load, depression is a chemical imbalance.

I personally never take any mind altering drugs (and thats what depression drugs are).

However most stress will act on the brain and the depression drugs can "mask" the stress feeling (hence thinking there the same thing).

The only way to face depression is to think through the reason you are depressed (and that maybe faching something you dont like as most times depression is your brain unable to find an answer to something you want to deny).

The best way to dump stress is to face the problem and get rid of it (so if its work have a meeting or leave to get another job).

You will need to deal with it the best way you can but you do need to deal with it.

Many Thanks
Ashley

Closed Thread