It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2009, 05:20 AM   #1
(male)

Rors21 HB User
Workplace Stress

I'm going through a very difficult time at work - I'm totally overwhelmed with duties, tasks and assignments and have received a ton of pressure to pull things together with tight deadlines in mind. Needless to say, I'm pretty miserable right now. However, I've been feeling some physical symptoms too - like tightness in the side of my neck - almost as if my veins/arteries are bulging out of my neck. I've also felt a bit of tightness in my heart. Nothing huge or painful or even particularly distracting, but it's there nonetheless.

Curious if anyone else has experienced a ton of workplace stress and if so what effects it may have had on your physically. Also wondering if you think the above symptoms I've experienced are nothing or worth seeking a doctor's opinion on.

Thanks a lot.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Re: Workplace Stress

Unfortunately our bodies do not react to stress very well.

Stress can cause pain in our bodies and even interrupt our sleeping.
Pain is a signal, whether it be from stress or not, it's a signal something is not functioning well.

You may be best to see your doctor and explain you've been under extreme work stress and discuss your symptoms you are having. It would be best to have tests to rule out certain causes. Your doctor may want to do so or prescribe a medication just to take the edge off.

Work stress is not unusual, too much stress can mess up our system. See what your doctor has to say. You certainly don't need more stress with health issues.

Wish you well
BeHappy2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread