It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2009, 01:41 AM   #1
(female)

Jeffersf HB User
Unhappy Conflict resolution

Not sure if this is the right place to ask for help regarding a bad neighbour and how to best resolve this matter as a win-win.

I live next door to a rental, they're a large family, the woman is constantly swearing day and night at her family. We live in a good estate. All new housing.

Her husband leaves for work at 6.30am each day, but he usually has a work mate join him at 6.15am, the car radio is blaring and the doors are left wide open while they load up their trailer. They are busily clunking around near our bedroom window getting all their equipment and so forth and then just throwing it into the trailer.

One day I couldn't stand the noise so I went out in my dressing gown and asked them quite politely but firmly if they could please be mindful as my household is still asleep. That's fine it got resolved.

But a few months prior to this my partner had gone over to ask them to please change the watering time as it has been going off at 3am and lasting until 4.20am the pump is very noisy and the woman responded "well it doesn't suit us to change the time, and it's going to be winter soon anyway, but come summer it will be back on!"

Well guess what, it's summer now. They have their retic bore pump near our bedroom window. We have been woken up at 3am three times per week and not able to go back to sleep once the pump stops at 4.20am. We are so tired. My partner went over the other day to ask if they could please change the time the retic goes off to perhaps a more reasonable time and she replied aggressively no, but my partner requested again and she replied 5am and that's it. So now we get up at 5am on a Sunday morning, god help us if we ever go out the night before. We try to go to bed early but this is ridiculous. Can anyone help please? PS: I suffer badly from migraines and vertigo from stress/tension lack of sleep also triggers it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2009, 10:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Re: Conflict resolution

It's always best to try and stay on good terms with neighbors.
Have you tried turning on a fan in your room to block out any outdoor noise?
Possibly rearrange your room to where your bed is not near the window ?
What about relocate your sleeping room to another arear of your house for less outdoor noise when you are sleeping?

These are the possibilities that may make a difference.
Sometimes no matter what kind of housing we live in, neighbors exist.
i hope you can find a resolution to the outdoor noise when sleeping.

Live Life well
BeHappy2

Closed Thread