It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
(female)

sweetie021100 HB User
nerves and joint and muscle pain

I have a question, Could stress cause joint and muscle pain? It seems i get treated for one area of pain.. Few days later new pain new area.... Could it be my nerves that does this.. I've always been a nervous person.. I seem to let everything bother me... Could this be true? What would be the best way to handle this? thanks

Old 08-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
(female)

PAYNE HB User
Re: nerves and joint and muscle pain

My goodness, yes, stress can definitely affect the body. I suggest you talk to your doctor about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2010, 02:47 PM   #3
(female)

sweetie021100 HB User

I did mention that to my doctor. He didn't seem to belive me. He gave me valium after my cortisone injections.. only because I get very wired for the first 4 to 5 days, which causes sleep problems.. Well the first night of taking one valium it didn't knock me out the second night I took two as my doctor suggested. well that did me wonders no more lower back ache.. my whole body was just as ease for the first time. in about 3 years.. That lasted me about a week.. and now back to normal. when i did mention how I felt to my doctor his response was oh they are too addicting... so here i am thanks for responding

Old 08-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
(female)

PAYNE HB User

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that the valium helped--but the doctor didn't want to prescribe you any more? I think I need more information. For example, I hadn't heard before about the cortisone shots...

Mind you, I'm no expert on this stuff. Except, maybe, that I, too, have been dealing with a lot of pain over the years. I was diagnosed at one point with fibromyalgia. Now I am having back pain and pain down my arms and legs. I am seeing an orthopedist, particularly one who deals with handling pain. Through MRIs, it has been determined that I do have some disc problems in my spine, and carpal tunnel in both my wrists. I'm having a nerve study done on my legs tomorrow. So, I can sympathize with your plight.

Did the doctor say why he gave you valium? Are you having depression/anxiety? Maybe I shouldn't say this, but there are plenty of doctors out there. If you aren't happy with the reactions of this one, then maybe you can seek a second opinion....

Old 08-25-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
(female)

sweetie021100 HB User

I get cortisone injections in my shoulder. I have scar tissue the doctor had told me.. The cortisone makes me very hyper.. I can't seem to sleep for the the first 5 nights after the injection.. so when I returned to him about 6 months after the first shot, I explained to him what had happened so he prescribed valium for sleeping. So when I returned for my follow up visit and explained how they had helped, He said they are too addicting. I understand that completely, which makes me wonder if its just stress that causes my joint pain... thanks again for responding and much luch to you tomorrow..

Old 08-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #6
(female)

cookiedough HB User

Hi there,

I realise this is quite an old thread now, but for the benefit of future forum users - the answer is yes!

Last year I began having very strange symptoms - tingly hands and feet, very achy joints and muscles, twitching muscles, v emotional... I convinced myself I'd got MS or something equally horrible, as it went on for several months.

I went to the doctors a few times, and each person I saw said it was probably just stress. I wondered how on earth such physical symptoms could come from stress! However, it had come on during my university final exams, and continued as I went from student to the stressful world of being unemployed...

It all went the day I got my job.

Closed Thread