It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
(female)

denise2648 HB User
Unhappy Stress help

Gradually I have been getting more and more stressed out and a lot has to do with money. (I also suffer from depression and am on Wellburtin XL) I just cannot really relax. I have been clenching my jaw and not really noticing when I start doing it-just all of a sudden I realize that i am. My jaw is killing me and I have headaches from it. I know that I am also getting blood pressure spikes because all of a sudden, my face will feel hot and I get flushed. I do stuff like go to movies, watch TV,etc to get my mind of of things but I still can't relax. I will be out and about and all I can feel is anxious to get home. What the heck is wrong with me? I was never like this! I mean I have always had money issues so it's nothing new! Yesterday after talking to the bank about my auto loan, I got all warm and a few heart palpitations. I just need to relax but easier said than done. Sometimes it starts up and I am not even doing anything to cause me to get stressed either. What can I do?

Last edited by denise2648; 10-06-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
(female)

arogerskid HB User
Re: Stress help

Denise,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having these troubles.

The scene you described at the bank and wanting only to get home when out and about sounds like you may be building to panic attacks. Talk to your doctor about referral to a counselor/therapist who can help you gain coping measures to deal with your stress.

If you leave near a university that offers a master's or doctorate degree in psychology or master's degree in social work, call to find out if they accept/treat patients who are not enrolled in the university. Often they have clinics offering low cost/free, good quality counseling with either practicum students (under watchful eye of licensed phd) or with licensed mental health professionals.

Inquire at your local health department for options.

If those don't work out or while you wait to see someone, keep a journal. Journals can help you express your needs/stress, see things in a different light, and track changes in your functionality for your doctor/counselor.

You may also need a change in your meds so talk to your dr.

arogerskid

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
(female)

denise2648 HB User
Re: Stress help

Thanks so much for your reply

The thing is, I NEVER had problems like this-ever! It started earlier this year, I have always bee such a social person-used to have a full calendar, did theatre,etc so I was always very outgoing. SO this is total opposite for me. Like I said the feeling of just always wanting to get home is the worst! People tell me it's not the Welbutrin because that is supposed to help the panic attacks.

I mean I have been stressed because of money but I have been stressed over worse before and never was like this.

Closed Thread