It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2001, 11:23 PM   #1
Inactive

help HB User
Can chronic anxiety and depression cause severe acne?

Im sure you guys all remember me and nothing has been getting better.

Ive never had acne till i went through a bad break up in a relationship. After that I got severe acne almost immediately.
I went to the dermatologist and was put straight on accutane cause it was severe enough. It has a side effect of depression and i became depressed.
Ive been off accutane for about 4 months and I constantly am scared im going to get the acne back. I can't stop worrying about it at all. I worry about this 24-7. Its been like this for about a year now. I've been taking zoloft at 200 mg and 75 mg of effexor daily its been 10 weeks and i dont see a dramatic change at all.

From all this i now have panic attacks and really bad social anxiety. I also constantly need someone to reassure me everyday about 30 times a day to not worry I know for a fact everything is gonna get better.

I also cannot study for school. It's always been like this though ive just always breezed by and i know im not stupid.
I can read the material but my mind will not be comprehending any of it . It wonders from thing to thing like when do i need to pay these bills to whatam i gonna wear what am i gonna eat etc...

I constantly alayze how people would percieve me and today in class i had to say a speech in front of the class. I was trembling so bad i couldnt stop shaking.
I also started to sweat so bad my shirt was almost completely soaked.
I've always been shy but learned to get through it but ever since the break up and me quitting smoking cold turkey and the severe acne .Then the accutane .(which is known to have pshychological side effects that diminsh after discontinuation) Its all killed me.

I dont know what to do anymore .
Im not even close to the same person i used to be before all this happened.
Im a completely different person and I hate it....

I go to a pshychiatrist and a psychologist.
One psych said i was bi polar . So i went to another one for a 2nd opinion.
the second one said i was having a anxiety /mood disorder but not much depression.
(i feel i have a good amount of depression and a GREAT deal of anxiety)
I went to a third psych for another opinion and he said i was having major depression and a little anxiety but no bi polar due to my sleeping habits.
can anyone give any advise what to do or relate at all?
anyone know what this sounds like ?
Im am no where the same person i used to be

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2001, 10:50 AM   #2
Inactive

norbert46 HB User
Re: Can chronic anxiety and depression cause severe acne?

Help, I believe that acne is primarily a physical problem. It may be that anxiety can cause it to be worse. Like you, I have been told by various P/docs that I have different disorders. I honestly believe that my IBS/D causes the anxiety to happen. MD's give different names to the mental disorders based on your symptoms. There can be overlap and combinations of symptoms. You would probably really benefit by choosing the P/doc you like and trust the most and going thru the trial and error on meds until you find the proper meds for you chemical imbalance. If you persist long enough, something will work. Also do whatever you can to help yourself by getting your mind outside of your problems and get on with living and enjoying life. If we spend our time worrying and fretting, we can just keep spiraling down. No med will ever overcome a negative attitude. Get your chin up and move on. You are worth it and you know you can do it as good as anyone!
Good luck and God bless, Norb

Old 11-29-2011, 02:49 AM   #3
(female)

beansontoast HB User

Hello,

I have moderate acne and i have tried loads of different products, i don't want to take any antibiotics cause i feel like antibiotics are more for real illness. Few months ago i found online this new product called blemishless scrubsuk, and i am really happy of the results, i will not say that's i'm spot free but nearly so it makes a big change. You should try it, maybe it will work for you as well as it work for me. be strong

Old 12-28-2011, 01:10 AM   #4
(male)

chiflow83 HB User

We have the same experience about that matter... Before i experienced severe depression about love matters, i only have pimples ( small ones ). But during the time of extreme depression where i felt i don't value anymore my life, i felt nothing already matters, very large acne came out which leaves scars traces to my face...
It is not scientifically proven but extreme depression really do affect our overall health....

Old 04-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
(female)

veganway HB Userveganway HB User
Magnesium deficiency is the main cause.

I recommend magnesium glycinate 600mg a day and taurine+B6 for anxiety and depression. it works.

Last edited by veganway; 05-16-2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Closed Thread