It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
(female)

lazydaisy HB User
stress attack?

I am a first time poster but using this as a last resort. I ended up 9in ER on sunday morn. I was sitting in church and suddenly started feeling hot and thot I'd be sick to my stomach. I got my husband to leave with me and when I got outside I could not get my breath and my hands were tingling and were clenched. I could not straighten them out. My legs started the same and I told his I was going to pass out. I did and the next thing I remember I was at the ER. My BP was 74/49 and I was dehydrated. They started iv and gave me dosage of something like xanax by iv. I was put on oxygen and the dr says it was a stress attack. I still don't feel good and the dr says it will take time. bp is back to normal ut things just don't sound right. Any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: stress attack?

lazydaisy? How old are you? Are you in menopause? Is it possible it could have been a seizure because your BP was so low? What about diabetes? Have you been checked for that? If your sugars get too low you could have a seizure. It's also cold and flu season. Could it be a virus?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
(female)

lazydaisy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92261 View Post
lazydaisy? How old are you? Are you in menopause? Is it possible it could have been a seizure because your BP was so low? What about diabetes? Have you been checked for that? If your sugars get too low you could have a seizure. It's also cold and flu season. Could it be a virus?
Thanks for the reply - I am 57 and had a hysterectomy 29 years ago.
My Bp is normally ok - i do take bp rx but it is under control - I do not have diabetes and do have an auto immunedisorder. I have crohns which I take rx for. I have been under alot of stress but I sure hate to even say that because so many people just say it's stress!! I'm still not on my feet again and still feel cruddy - dr wants me to have a head ct scan tomorrow but I doubt the reason for that. Just really confused.
Thanks

Old 11-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

eddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB Usereddysmom1 HB User

It does sound like an anxiety attack to me--I used to get the exact same symptoms when I had really bad ones & if xanax helped that may be what it was like the doctor said. What other tests did they run on you that day?

Closed Thread