It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2011, 01:34 AM   #1
(male)

Justdoit618 HB User
Advice please, family drama

Hi, first time posting here and I'm just looking for some advice. First off, I've been really stressed for a while because my dad passed away about a year ago. My problem is that I have this family member, a cousin who has practically been my best friend for long time. He's always been kind of mean to me, like mostly joking but borderline hurting my feelings all the time. Long story short, he has smoked marijuana as long as I can remember and just recently started using me to get his fix. He doesn't have a car or
Job so he would call me to go get stuff for him like weed. I've never been into any drugs and didn't want to b involved with them. Stupidly, I drove him a few times so he could get marijuana. I know this is long but stick with me please. I decided I don't want to have that stuff around me any more so I told him I couldnt take him anymore. He got mad and acted like I wad stupid like it's not a big deal, and started treating me bad. So I told him to stop being mean to me and that he is always mean to me for no reason. And im not exaggerating he cuts me down all the time. So then he tells me that he wants nothing to do with me. Haven't talked since it's been about a week. It's causing me a lot of stress because I almost want to call him, but I feel like I didn't do anything wrong so I don't know what to do. He really hurt my feelings when he said he didnt want anything to do with me. It wouldnt be so bad if I had done anything to make him not want to be around me but I've been great to him. And now Cant speak to other family members like his immediate family, because I feel like he may have lied to them about why we are fighting because his parents doesn't know he smokes. I just dont know wat to do, should I call him? Call his immediate family? Do nothing and wait for him? Can anyone help me??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2011, 02:07 AM   #2
(male)

rajeevshilpa HB User
Post Re: Advice please, family drama

You did nothing wrong. Tell her family only if comes to that. You should talk to them (and not him) as normal. Before that send him email saying all this what you have written here and try getting a response. If you face trust problem from his family, then you can always show that email as your defense.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #3
(female)

cheezels HB User
Re: Advice please, family drama

I wish i could help but your situation sounds so similar to mine with my son and his new wife. People have given me advice to sit back and he will come round meaning your cousin will come around one day too. I know its very hard i feel for you. YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG YOU JUST SET LIMITS and that is fine. People smoking marijuana and taking alcohol don't seem to think straight so in his eyes you let him down.
Anyway take care hope things work out for you and good luck.

Closed Thread