It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2011, 07:52 AM   #1
(female)

KnottyGirl HB User
Muscle Knots. Please Answer.

Hello, I'm a new user here and I really need a question answered. I'm a 23 yr old female. I have 3 lumps in my neck, that wont seem to go away. I was referred to a surgeon by my GP after a catscan. The surgeon looked and was a bit worried at first (but said it was absolutely not Cancer), then gave me a week of antibiotics and ibuprofen. I went back in and he said I felt MUCH better and he was no longer worried about the lymphnodes, and that one wasnt even a node, it was a muscle knot.

Fast foward about 5 months and I still have these "bumps" in my neck. The ones on the left are very small (their size changes daily thou) but the one on my right is still there as it was (and again it changes size). The are all very soft and moveable. When my husband runs my neck and shoulders (almost every night) I can feel the muscles "snapping" over the others. When he pushes on the muscles they "shoot" out from under my fingers as the bumps generally do. So my question is, A. should I be confortable with the doctors diagnosis and B. If you do agree that these are muscle knots, how can I get them to go away.

Oh, and when I went to the chiro a while ago he said that my legs are uneven (and gave me a shoe lift) and that I was starting to lose the curve in my neck. I also have been told by the hubby that when I sleep, I generally sleep all scrunched up and I have noticed myself during the day having to really think about it to relax my muscles.

Oh (again! lol) Sometimes over the bump on the right I get a burning type sensation.

EDIT: I have noticed the tight muscles in my neck since I was a child, and I know I have had one of these lumps as long as I can remember (3rd grade-ish....)

Last edited by KnottyGirl; 06-24-2011 at 07:53 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread