It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
(female)

losingcontrol HB User
Angry Job Stress

Hi; I am new, and and my wits end with my job. First the migraines, then hives, now the upset stomach. Last night, I broke my vow and shed tears over this dump I work in. I need help; I can't afford to quit, and no one there will listen to my concerns.

LosingControl

Old 11-11-2011, 05:25 AM   #2
(male)

howdoyoudo HB User
Re: Job Stress

can you go to your doctor and get some time off while receiving pay? i found this really helped me and i was able to get some counselling. if you do not get paid while being off it really makes it a lot harder if you have financial concerns so i dont know what to suggest if that is the case apart from trying the counselling while you are still at work. can you even take a week off?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2011, 02:52 AM   #3
(male)

Geo21 HB User

What sort of job do you do? And what are the reasons you dont like you job? im all ears if you wana talk about it. Plus it will keep my mind of my own thinking

Old 11-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #4
(female)

someone2talk2me HB Usersomeone2talk2me HB User

Hi losecontrol,

I definitly know what you mean about your job! I've experienced this lots of times, hating my jobs , and having lots of stress but knowing I had to keep it.... I think the best thing to do would be try to ignore the things that is happening unless someoe is causing too much damage to you , you said you cant afford to quit so just try to hold on to it .....BUT ... at the same time go around job seeking for other jobs you may like , you may just find you another job and wouldnt have to ever go back to this job. Every bit of free time you have when you can do a job search .Very Good Luck to you and I hope you find another job soon !!

Old 12-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #5
(female)

denise2648 HB User

Wow, I am the same way! I hate my job more than anything and fear that it is literally killing me by stress. I get anxiety, headaches, etc. and can barely drag myself out of bed to go in. I have been looking for MONTHS for a new job with no luck. I am willing to take a cut in pay (within reason) JUST to get out so that I can get my life back. Everything else in my life suffers because of it. I get home from work completely exhausted and can easily fall asleep at 7pm. I can't remember the last time I fell WELL rested-even on weekends. I am taking antidepressant but it doesn't seem to help. Even my dr. tells me to get a new job-like it's SO easy tho The whole atmosphere at work is negative so it doesn't help my mood. The past 2 weeks, I have actually cried over the place-and I also vowed never to cry over a job. But I did. I take a day off (with pay) every time I can but all that does is make me feel better and proves that I NEED to get out.
Sorry, I haven't really helped you-lol-but just know that you are NOT alone with your stress.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
(female)

hayz1397 HB User

Hey
I hate my job too. When I first started working there I told myself it wasn't a carer, it was just a job to bring an income in!
What exactly do you do?
If your at a computer and you don't necessarily have to be on the phones all the time, is there no way you could bring some music in to relax you? I work in a shop during the night and if it weren't for being able to listen to my own music, I'd of left the first night!!!
Ask some of your friends if they can keep an eye out for any jobs going anywhere else, and keep searching yourself everywhere you can.
There's always a better, happier job out there. You just have to find it :]
Good luck! x

Old 01-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #7
(female)

pollylolly HB User

I've been through a similar situation myself. I also have a stressful job that gave me severe stomach problems, mess up menstrual cycle etc. I hated it and wanted to leave too (but like you, I couldn't afford it). Here's a few tips that I hope will help you:
1. Talk to someone about it at work (if you can). Is your boss understanding? Are any of your concerns things that he could help you with, or get you the right support for? Or, if not your boss, do you have an understanding colleague?
2. Talk to someone about it outside of work. Don't bottle it up. If you have a friend, partner, parent, sibling etc you can talk to, you should. Even if they can't offer advice, a problem shared is a problem halved!
3. Take care of your health as much as you can - get enough sleep, take vitamins, exercise, etc
4. Enjoy areas of your life that AREN'T work-related. Go for a walk along the beach with some friends, go to a nice restaurant with your partner, take a fun night class - The better life is outside of work, the less the work-stress will get to you.
5. Remember that this may only be temporary. New jobs can be stressful, but in six months time you might just be thriving and loving it!!!!

Old 02-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
(female)

Aquafever HB User

I went through the last thing a little over a year ago which caused a myriad of physical and emotional problems. Plus I was being bullied at work which caused physical pain, migrains, tense muscles, lose of hair, intense anxiety and I truly believe I was headed towards a stress heart attack. I had to quit because I got so ill. I could no longer work and applied through my companies short term disability. If you have been on your job at least one year you can apply for FMLA, it's a nationwide law. You won't get paid but you can't lose your job over the time gone (you have at least 3 months) Take care of yourself first otherwise you won't be able to take care of anything. Let us know how it goes please.

Closed Thread