It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
(female)

maccaper HB User
Unhappy What happened to me last night

Around 5pm last night, I was in the shower getting ready to go out with my boyfriend when I suddenly felt a "stress pain" in my stomach. I'm a generally anxious person and had spent the day working on a term paper but I did not, at that point in the shower, feel under stress. Anyway, after the pain in my abdomen occurred it jolted to my back then up into my shoulder eventually rendering my right arm almost useless, muscle-wise. Before I knew it, I was short of breath and had to open the shower door to get some air that wasn't just pure steam. When the cool air hit me, I felt dizzy and nauseated and proceeded to lose my vision. My vision was obstructed heavily for 5 or more minutes by hundreds of black spots and blurriness. My mother had come in to help me and I could barely see that it was her. Thankfully she was present as I had lost my balance and almost face-planted onto the floor. After this, I stumbled over to my bed and collapsed and had the worst spins for 10 minutes. When I felt "better", there continued to be a blind spot in my right eye covered in black strips. There was also an annoying ear ringing present for a while afterwards. Anyway, my parents and boyfriend convinced me to go to the ER and when I was there all the doctor said was it had been brought upon by myself and my stress and I have to learn to control it. Well, duh. Easier said than done. Anyway, should I go for a second opinion and insist on an EKG? I'm scared to death this will happen again and next time I won't be as fortunate to have someone around to help. If this is really all just linked to stress, how can I calm down? I'm only 20 and I'd like to enjoy some of my life haha. Thanks.

Last edited by maccaper; 11-27-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread