It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
(male)

gk737 HB Usergk737 HB Usergk737 HB User
Trying to control my life

Hey there,

I am 18 and I am in my last year of school before university. I have been stressing a lot lately because I am trying to control my life way too much - I have managed to do well in school so far, but now that things are getting harder, I am finding it more and more stressful to maintain performance. I have a really terrible habit of planning every aspect of my life in advance, and I come up with more and more things I want to do, and I worry terribly about the possibility of not getting them done. I want to control my future job, where I live, what I see, and how I feel, and I also worry about my health. This is really stupid, but I just can't accept that I should just go with the flow! Right now I worry that university is just going to be impossible and that I am going to find everything really hard - this is stupid because people much les intelligent than me get in, but I just can't tell myself that. I worry that I will spend all my time struggling over impossible work, and that I will crash and burn....

I really don't know why, and I don't really know what to do - is there therapy for this stuff? Maybe someone else can share experiences? I just feel like if I take a day, or even an hour off my work, that I will be a failure. It's pretty drastic stuff...

Thanks.

Hitch-Hiker's guide to the galaxy, Douglas Adams.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread