It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
(female)

PinkTwig HB User
Medication or Supplements?

Hello, I'm having a hard time figuring out the difference between stress and anxiety. Here are my symptoms chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, Harrington rods in back from 1999 spinal fusion, anemia, TMJ, heart murmur, rapid heart beat, brain fog, dizziness and headachs/migrains. I am lost on what to do. My Doctor says have anxiety but it doesn't feel like that it just feels like stress and she thinks an antidepressant would help. Has anyone has ever tired any medications or supplements for stress? I already see a counselor and have tired yoga and meditation but nothing seems to help. would love any advice on what helps you. Thanks for your help.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
(female)

doodlegrl08 HB Userdoodlegrl08 HB Userdoodlegrl08 HB User
Re: Medication or Supplements?

Hello. I am in the same boat. Usually stress causes anxiety and we do not realize it. This actually happened to myself and caused me to start sleep walking/ acting out my dreams. They put me on a anxiety/depression medication caused Effexor XR 37.5mg 1 tablet Once a day and WOW what a difference! I am not as stress out anymore, no more sleep walking. I feel more like my old self. I would definately recommend this medication if you think it is stress and not anxiety because that is exactly what I thought. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #3
(female)

PinkTwig HB User

Thank you so much for your reply. Did you have brain fog with your stress/anxiety before taking the medication? That and chonic fatigue are my biggest roblems right now. Do you remember how long after starting this medication you started feeling better? Thanks again for your help!

Old 07-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
(female)

Yes I did have brain fog before taking the medication that began to get better 2 weeks after I started taking the medication. I started feeling the effects of the medication in 2 days but it works differently in everyone they say most 4 weeks. I suffer from Chronic Fatigue because I also have hypothyroidism, vitamin b12 deficiency, and vitamin d deficiency which all make you tired. I am being treated for all of them and the fatigue has gone down since I started the medication effexor I guess because I am not so stressed all the time. I would make sure your doctor checks your vitamin d level also, not a lot of doctors check this level and it plays a big role in your fatigue. Vitamin D works with calcium to keep our bones strong. Thanks!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-12-2012 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Please read the Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #5
(female)

PinkTwig HB User

Thanks so much for that info. My doctor did test my vitamin D and said I was a little low so now I take nature made D 3 2000mg a day, it doesn't seem to be helping too much yet, do you know if there is a better brand out there? Right now I am actually wearing a holter monitor because my pulse was over 100 so they want to check that out. I am also going to get my thyroid and basic metobolic panel blood test done. I hate brain fog it feels terrible. I am going to look into that medacine you suggested. Thanks so much for your help!

Old 07-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
(female)

Just make sure it is Vitamin D3 and not Vitamin D, Vitamin D3 is absorbed faster in the body, but it does take time for your body to start showing improvement. When I started taking Vitamin D it took 3 months, but mine is by prescription Vitmain D2 (Ergocalciferol) 50,000u 1 capsule Once a week. I am taking this until my levels are in normal range. I would definately see how your thyroid is! If your TSH is 2 or above they are treat your for hypothyroidism. It is amazing the difference that makes if it is abnormal. There is just so many different things that cause fatigue and hopefully they can figure out which ones and get your treated for them. Hopefully they get you up and running in full speed soon

Old 07-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #7
(female)

PinkTwig HB User

Thanks so much to you both for your help. I checked and I am taking vitamin D 3 but next time maybe I will try a different brand or even liquid gels to see if they work better. It has only been about 3 months so maybe it wil start helping.
I would love to take the more natural road to stress recovery, is there a supplelment that helped you most?
Thanks so much again for your help!

The following user gives a hug of support to PinkTwig:
chiquiti (07-11-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to PinkTwig For This Useful Post:
chiquiti (07-11-2012)
Reply Reply