It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
(male)

oldkatz HB User
i also have excessive stress

about 2000 i started night audit in hotels, it was not to bad until the last couple of years. the one hotel i left, as the owner was drunk all the time, and after a hard night he arrived 2 hours before my shift was finished, complained about everything, and nothing about my work, just the way the hotel had changed. and how he was going to change everything, and if anyone didnt like the changes they could leave ! one big change was the early breakfast for the workers, and these are long tern company rooms, that have to leave early in the mornings, now before we got these contracts, we might have 20% occupancy, but since we got these contracts, we jumped to 80% and more per night, so they are our money makers, and i told him, if we stopped the early breakfast, they probably would go elsewhere. well he told me if i didnt like it, i could just leave, so i left. finished my shift, and left a letter for the manager. of course he denied the whole conversation.
next day a hotel from the same chain in the next town called me to ask me to start working for them, so i ended up working there, well a whole set of issues came with this job, cleaning was not finished during the day shift, and linens and cleaning stuff just left in halls. the new digital cable tv boxes that would just stop working, and had to be reset all the time, but the worst was a lady that they promoted to assistant manager, just after i started. she had no idea how to manage, and shouldnt have been working in the hotel business, just messed up everything, and the main part of night audit, is to find all the mistakes and correct them so the day balances before the audit was run, and she made most of the mistakes, yet when i corrected them as i was supposed to i would get these nasty notes about making her look bad.
well the last couple of months, i started to get these horrid headaches mostly at work, could not get a good sleep at home, and with these headaches, it was like my mind would just blank out, i would be doing something, and couldnt remember what i was doing.aslo just thinking of eating would make me feel sick. then one night, they refinish the floors every 3 months in the lobby, and they did the floors that day, everything was put back when i came in at night, but no coffee was out, so i was going to the kitchen to see if i had to make coffee or just bring it out to the lobby, i opened the breakfast room door, as i had to walk through the breakfast room to get to the kitchen, totally black, no lights were on, and between the door, and the light switch, someone left the commercial vacuum cleaner. well the ride was ok, but the crash landing hurt, i reported to the owner, and manager, but they wouldnt make a report. now the next part, the rooms have office chairs as they all have desks, so when a chair breaks, they would take out desk chairs, and leave us the broken chairs. so all the desk chairs, would sink to the bottom, some would flip over backwards or to a side. so the next week, trying to get up from one of these chairs, and my hip and knees, after my wild ride. enough was enough, so i left my notice, went to visit the doctor, was sent for xrays and blood work, just normal wear and tear on my knees and hips, but probably aggravated from the incident. the blood work, well im not diabetic but my blood sugars were right over the top.
since i left, now i can sleep some days i still feel sick to my stomach.
but different stress now, looking for work, with the stress from night audit, i really dont want to work in hotels anymore, but really cant do heavy labor either.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply