It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 04:48 AM   #1
(female)

Averkonat HB User
Interactively about Stress

“Sorry, I didn’t phone – I was very busy”. Isn’t it a familiar situation? And did you then have time for a profound rest, for doing things you like, for simply lying and thinking of nothing? Be frank – not so often, to put it mildly.
And the results are a simple equation:
risen blood pressure + rapid heart beating + tense muscles + bad digestion + nightmares = STRESS.
B-O-R-I-N-G, you will say. Yes, boring! As we are tired of this word, we’ve heard of it for thousands of times. But no re-chewing of this piece of cooked info this time!
Let’s shortly discuss it. Numerous pieces of advice claim that for fighting your stress you should take up, say, yoga or pilates, have a rest in the middle of the day or consult your psychiatrist and so on. THANK YOU!
Sure, it won’t do any harm, but doesn’t it sound odd? We are prone to stress because of the lack of time, and everybody advices us to spend extra time for extra-healthy activities. A vicious circle, but who likes vicious circles?! If we were able to do all this stuff we wouldn’t face stress at all, as even the most difficult problems could have been solved if only we had enough time to think them over.
Let’s be realistic and try to find the way out without turning our worlds upside down. What can we really do while stuck in a traffic jam, while sitting in the office doing nothing, while having a short pause?

Point number One. If you live with your ears blocked with earphones – listen to relaxing but energetic music (don’t tell me you dislike this or that – this music is for universal ears) as even the loudest and the hardcorest sounds drives you in sleep if you’re tired. Don’t argue – it has been checked and re-checked. And re-re-checked too. Choose something like Armin van Buuren, ATB, ERA, Delerium, Enigma, Café del Mar…
YOUR HELP NEEDED HERE: let’s make a list of suitable music!

Point number Two. You are sitting in front of the computer reading, typing, thinking? Use it for relaxing – let your brain have rest while reading short funny stories, looking through demotivators, memes, comics. But don’t forget that you still have to work =)
YOUR HELP NEEDED HERE: let’s make a list of good funny sites!

Point number Three. Eat RIGHT food. No, I am not talking about expensive foie gras or time-consuming Rendang Daging. Eat bananas – serotonin will cheer you up. Eat oranges – their juicy flesh will please your taste and bracing aroma will be a good natural aromatherapy.
YOUR HELP NEEDED HERE: let’s make a list of appropriate food!

Point number Four. Get a small rubber ball that you can squeeze to relax your muscles. Or throw it into a wall for relieving your anger (be sure the ball is soft and there is nobody you may hurt – no injuries are meant here). Or if you really feel a need in injuring someone – do it virtually. Electronic devices with some hypnotizing games are really helpful – play relaxing Tetris, plunge into captivating Sudoku or beat a virtual rag doll in Kick the Buddy on any touch device.
YOUR HELP NEEDED HERE: let’s make a list of good relaxing games!

Point number Do-it-always: think positively!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply