It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
(female)

wllwrt4fd HB User
Undiagnosed neurological condition causing stress and other problems

Hi everyone,

First of all, I just wanted to say that I wasn't sure where exactly to put this issue. I have felt stressed a lot lately because of an undiagnosed neurological condition. I feel stressed for many reasons. I've had to adapt and do things differently then prior to this illness/condition. I've been suffering for 1.5 years with a condition that causes numbness in my legs and clothing seems to aggravate my condition, which has complicated things and has limited what I can wear and even what I can do. So far, all the tests have come back negative and my doctors have been unable to find a cause. This is only part of the reason I have stress though.
I'm really looking for some suggestions and opinions on this...I'm almost a hundred percent positive that my condition is physical. If not I don't believe that outside factors such as running and sitting for long periods of time in a car(especially while driving) would cause me pain; however, my mother refuses to believe that this condition is anything, but in my head, simply because the doctors haven't found anything yet. Also, I would assume that if the doctors felt the same way they wouldn't have given me medication to manage the pain and would have sent me to a psychologist right away. Also, I've seen a psychologist, who agreed with me that there must be something physical going on and that all I really had was a mild case of anxiety probably related to the extra stress I've been under lately because of having to deal with this condition. My mom still didn't believe her. I feel really frustrated at times because it's hard enough being in pain all the time without having to deal with my mother questioning my sanity. It's like, I'm sorry it's not like a cold and she can't actually see the symptoms, but trust me they're there. ugh...Anyone have any suggestions at all on how to deal with my mother and the added stress she's causing me? I've just about had enough. I could really use her support right now. I was also wondering if anyone knew how common it was for people to assume other people with neurological disorders were crazy because you can't really "see" the symptoms.

The following user gives a hug of support to wllwrt4fd:
Phoenix (01-14-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Undiagnosed neurological condition causing stress and other problems

Hello wllwrt4fd and welcome back.

Ok; let's do a process of elimination scenario here.

You saw doctors and psychologists.

Was the doctor an actual neurologist?
Did they have MRI's and/or CAT scans ordered?

Excessive amounts of stress have been known to make bad situations feel worse;both physically and psychologically.

Have you had a complete physical(including blood work) to rule out any deficiencies?

I've just began to scratch the surface and can definitely relate to your plight.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 01-14-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Reply Reply