HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Stress (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/stress/)
-   -   Horrible at de-stressing... any advice would be helpful :) (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/stress/936574-horrible-de-stressing-any-advice-would-helpful.html)

Shellmcl3 01-24-2013 09:10 AM

Horrible at de-stressing... any advice would be helpful :)

Hi!
I am no good when it comes to stressing out, I feel like I'm always stressing about something. I'm always carrying the weight of my work on my shoulders or the weight of money issues...it's always something. As I get older I notice that its not as easy to deal with this constant stress. I am awful at relaxing or doing anything to de-stress, could someone give me some advice please? Thanks!

boobootwo 01-24-2013 10:28 AM

Re: Horrible at de-stressing... any advice would be helpful :)

[QUOTE=Shellmcl3;5122314]Hi!
I am no good when it comes to stressing out, I feel like I'm always stressing about something. I'm always carrying the weight of my work on my shoulders or the weight of money issues...it's always something. As I get older I notice that its not as easy to deal with this constant stress. I am awful at relaxing or doing anything to de-stress, could someone give me some advice please? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Aaahhhh...stress. One of my famous addictions. Eventually, you will also learn to not sweat the small stuff. Here's how I see it now....You are exactly where you are supposed to be in life right now. All of the stress you're causing yourself are your lessons in life that teach you to become stronger. Once you learn the lesson....it will not be repeated. You're not awful at de-stressing at all....you just aren't channeling the energy that stress gives you in a good way. I'm not sure how old you are, but for instance....when you feel like you're going to burst, breakdown or scream....use that energy in a walk, or run or housework, or painting or whatever you can think of that will take your mind off of the bad stress and move it to good energy. For every stressing thought that you have....counter it with a positive thought such as.....I'm not sure how I'm going to pay that bill by tomorrow......the positive thought....I will worry about it tomorrow and enjoy today. If i can't make the full payment, then maybe I could manage a partial payment. But...always remember.....it WILL work out. Ever hear of the saying, "You get back what you put out"? I can tell that you're a good person and when you stress and worry about other people and other things....that wonderful concern will come back to you. Just know that you're never alone. Everyone has an angel.:angel:

Shellmcl3 02-01-2013 08:35 AM

Re: Horrible at de-stressing... any advice would be helpful :)

[QUOTE=boobootwo;5122345]Aaahhhh...stress. One of my famous addictions. Eventually, you will also learn to not sweat the small stuff. Here's how I see it now....You are exactly where you are supposed to be in life right now. All of the stress you're causing yourself are your lessons in life that teach you to become stronger. Once you learn the lesson....it will not be repeated. You're not awful at de-stressing at all....you just aren't channeling the energy that stress gives you in a good way. I'm not sure how old you are, but for instance....when you feel like you're going to burst, breakdown or scream....use that energy in a walk, or run or housework, or painting or whatever you can think of that will take your mind off of the bad stress and move it to good energy. For every stressing thought that you have....counter it with a positive thought such as.....I'm not sure how I'm going to pay that bill by tomorrow......the positive thought....I will worry about it tomorrow and enjoy today. If i can't make the full payment, then maybe I could manage a partial payment. But...always remember.....it WILL work out. Ever hear of the saying, "You get back what you put out"? I can tell that you're a good person and when you stress and worry about other people and other things....that wonderful concern will come back to you. Just know that you're never alone. Everyone has an angel.:angel:[/QUOTE]

Thank you so very much for your kind words and excellent advice! It is very much appreciated :) You are most definitely right when you say I should turn it into a positive...just trying to figure out how to go about that haha. I am 29, and will be 30 next month, bleh! Haha! I've always been a very active person, and am no good at sitting down and just watching TV or something, I always am up doing something and it exhausts me, guess I'm getting older :( Haha. And I love the saying you related to this! "You get back what you put out" it makes me really think and definitely means a lot to me...thanks so much for your help!! :)