It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
(male)

rod24773 HB User
On top of everything else girlfriend leaves me now Im stressed more

On Jan.6th my girlfriend of 1 1/2 years took a sudden and unexpected right turn out of my life . I am a separated full time single parent of two boys as my Ex wife left having an affair 4 years ago .It took a long time to heal from that and quite a while until I felt safe in this recent relationship . Prior to the GF leaving I was dealing with elderly parents who are failing quickly ,a house that is becoming more and more unmanageable , a young son with ongoing sadness issues ,a teen son who has applied for University ,which I may not be able to afford and a job which is overrun with daily stress and anxiety.
I have had a hard time sleeping since the GF told me that she "Couldnt handle being in a relationship ,call it fear,call it what you want" . She has had very little contact with me since January 6th .I am trying to move on but feel jittery and anxious a great deal of the time. I can get to sleep at night but usually wake 1t qround 340am ,about 2 hours before my alarm goes off. I went and saw my Doctor yesteday and was prescribed a sleep aid .I am functioning and eating but am nervous and stressed

The following user gives a hug of support to rod24773:
Phoenix (02-24-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: On top of everything else girlfriend leaves me now Im stressed more

Hi Rod,
I'm really sorry to hear how things are with you and send you my good wishes.
I'm not suprised you are stressed with all you have to cope with at this time. You definitely need some sort of anxiety medication to help you at this time. Did your Dr just prescribe a sleeping medication or treatment for anxiety.
I hope you soon feel better,

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
(male)

rod24773 HB User

My Doc just prescribed Trazodone for my sleeplessness . He offered counselling with a woman in his office but I dont care for her methods. I have just got off the phone with a service provided here at work .I am scheduled for a counselling phone call tomorrow night . I havent slept well since early January so hopefully if I start getting more sleep I will begin to deal better with all going on in my life .I was really devistated when the gf told me we were done . She had told me on limited occasions that she was scared to be in a relationship after her marriage ended years previous .The emails ,talks and texts about how wonderful we were and I was by far outnumbered the fear talks .Therefore I never saw this coming .I guess I was blind and stupid . After my ex wife left unexpectedly I never thought I would find someone to love me again and now that person is gone .

Last edited by rod24773; 02-15-2013 at 04:44 AM.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:50 AM   #4
(male)

rod24773 HB User

Well ,had a 1 hour phone counselling session last night .It was good .Maybe not as good as a face to face but an outlet none the less. This morning I actually slept till my alarm at 530am for the first time in over a month. Not sure if I will use the phone counselling service again .Hopefully I wont require it but ...on never knows. My ex GF still wishes to remain friends and has contacted me once a week by email to inquire about my hospitalized mother .Every time she does I take a step backwards in my healing .I dotn want to lose contact with her but also wish she wouldnt contact me . "Catch 22" I guess . Every morning that I openmy work email I dread seeing another messge from her .I really dont think she understands how hurt I am

Old 02-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #5
(male)

rod24773 HB User

My Ex girlfriend has now contacted me once every week since she ended out relationship to ask about my infirmed mother .I have given her facts about my mother and nothing else .Yesterday she emailed me telling me that this is the last email she will send as all contact has been one sided and friends dont treat friends like that .I responded with a heart felt explanation that I was limiting my responses as I am struggling to think of her as only my friend . Put her in her place some as to how she has been treating me concidering I was "the wonderful man of the earth" at one point .Really down and depressed today but I know that things will get better now that contact is broken .

Reply Reply