It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stress Message Board

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
(male)

Workaholic dad HB User
I need advice on how to manage stress

Hi I need some advice bad I'm stressed to the max on all levels ive gained almost fifty pounds motivation is slim cuz im always exhausted. I've got a two year old and on due in November I took a promotion in January thy requires a sign off my a manager and an stuck in training pay stuck with a mortgage car note an all the stress of a baby coming and I work on call 24/7 never knowing when ill go out or when ill be home. I bought an old truck to fix up as a project for a hobby and I've had hardly anytime for it. Any suggestions on how to space the stress out or other hobby ideas something to keep my mind off everything. Even if its for a hour a day

Old 08-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
(female)

Robocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB User
Re: I need advice on how to manage stress

My therapist suggested to me that I pick a hobby that requires detail. The more concentration it requires, the less time you spend thinking about stressors in life. Like building mini models, or something like that. One of my neighbors builds mini airplanes from scratch and flies them every Saturday and Sunday for half an hour in the morning.

I choose knitting. Never knew how to do it, but now I'm knitting my own cute little things! Best thing about it it's something I can put down and pick up anytime.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
(male)

Workaholic dad HB User

Yeah that's what I've always heard always get a hobby of some sort and that's why I'm trying to restore this truck. Just it cost money and its hard to do that in training pay I can't go back to regular pay til the manager signs off on it. And I don't have regular off days to actually do anything and most time I do get off I'm keeping my daughter on hardly any sleep just I get to spend time with her. And when I talk about doing anything with it my wife jumps on me saying why don't you spend time with your daughter. They go outta town to places and I'm always stuck at home working or just got home and could go back to work at anytime. Sorry i rambled on its just Idk what else to do if I tell her it's well I work to I don't have free time when your gone

Old 08-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
(female)

Robocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB UserRobocat HB User

My husband picks a hobby he can do with my daughter. Like painting mini models. She's young so he'll buy those cheap porcelain or wooden models for her while he paints those tiny detailed mini figurines. They also buy tops... i think its odd, but they like to spin them and see who can spin the longest. Sometimes they battle them. Quite funny to watch.

Pick a hobby that's smaller and easier to do. Puzzles are fun! They're also fairly inexpensive. Toothpicks are cheap, and so is glue. You'd be surprised at some of the masterpieces I've seen built with just those two things. If you google it, I believe it took this man 37 years to build a mini ship.

You can pick a hobby that's lucrative for you! My sister got into painting tshirts. She sells custom painted shirts in her local city. My best friend sells her metal stamping goods (dog collars, dog tags), beaded jewelry, and quilted baby blankets.

Hobbies are endless! Don't give up hope!

Old 03-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #5
(male)

Penguinboy55 HB User

Excersise is a great way on relieving stress. What works for me is a relaxation group, I go once a week and it did make a difference.

Reply Reply