It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2005, 07:12 PM   #1
(female)

df22002003 HB User
What does a stroke feel like?

I know what the symptoms of a stroke are, but I would like to know what a stroke feels like?

Old 05-17-2005, 05:03 PM   #2
(female)

cookingmom HB User
Re: What does a stroke feel like?

I think that strokes feel different for different people. In my case I had a funny tingling feeling in the right side of my head then my tongue and lips got tingl as did my my hand - all on the left side. When I stood up I fell to the left - my left leg gave out. I was in the hospital for something else when this happened so I had an MRI right away which showed my stroke.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2005, 05:33 PM   #3
(female)

dwallech HB User

when I had my ministroke in Feb 2005, I didn't have a headache but just felt odd. I couldn't put my finger on it. An hour later, I was using the computer at work and my right hand could not go from the desktop to the mouse. Then, all of sudden, I couldn't move my right side and my speech was gibberish. I could hear everything and my mind was as sharp as ever, I just couldn't move that side of my body. I could hear my speech was gibberish and my tongue felt thick

Old 06-29-2005, 07:59 PM   #4
(female)

mercyfound HB User

my stroke- feb 2004- I was 43 and it took me by great surprise.
I was online and couldn't read the im - also i had problems with my sight being blurry. I went to get up and my right leg wasn't usable. I couldnt stand up. I knew the words I wanted to say but couldnt get them out..I spoke in yes and no only. No headache though.
Cindi

Old 07-13-2005, 04:11 PM   #5
(female)

Kudra HB User

Mine felt like the worst pain I'd ever known. It was like someone had hit me in the head with a metal baseball bat then stuck a red-hot poker through my temple. As I was laying on the couch crying over the pain and reaching for the phone...it was as if all of my short term memory was gone. I couldn't remember telephone numbers that I'd known all my life, I couldn't remember simple things like what month I was born in, I felt the need to speak out but couldn't get the words I was thinking to come out of my mouth. I thought it was a really bad migraine until I couldn't remember simple things...then I knew it was time to goto the hospital. It was frustrating and frightening, confusing and very, very painful.

Closed Thread