It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2006, 02:05 PM   #1
(male)

iPanic HB User
Did I have a mini stroke?

OK, I'm 15 and I'm known to panic about the stupidest things, and sometimes I get migranes.
Today I was working on my computer and I felt a very sharp pain (not toooo hard but pretty hard) on the top of my head for like 2 seconds. Then I panicked. I totally freaked out. Since then, I haven't had an appetite (not quite sure If I had one before this) and deep down I'm pretty scared right now. Now this thing was probably a mini seizure, which is, I've read, a red flag for stroke. I don't have any numbness, I can talk and read perfectly fine, except the weird feeling I got when I got panicked which is pretty much the same for a year now since I've been panicking. OK, I could be overreacting, but my right hand muscle is starting to feel a little weak now. I'm going crazy with worry. (of course with me this is a weekly thing, but normally I don't have actual pain to panic about) And could all this panicing be dangerous for my healtth?

Old 07-24-2006, 09:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User
Re: Did I have a mini stroke?

Don't worry about it, honey. You'd have more than just a pain in your head. You're too young. Enjoy your life with your friends. I have a son that worries just like you so I know how you feel. Go out and do something fun.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2006, 11:39 PM   #3
(female)

Mvhrt HB User

I think you just had a really bad panic attack... I know it's hard to tell yourself otherwise but that's more than likely all it was! I am a hypochondriac as well hence the looking at the stroke page on a healthboard site. But I suffer from some pretty bad panic attacks as well and what you described sounded like a panic attack and nothing more... so like Linda said "don't worry". Since i have had panic disorder i have diagnosed myself with cancer (all sorts of cancer), brain tumors, and also thinking I was going to have a stroke. The mind is a powerful thing that can play all sorts of tricks on us.
You are ok! Maybe if you haven't already you should see a DR about your panic.
Take Care!

Old 10-02-2006, 08:37 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

lylone HB User

A sharp pain in your head could also be sinuses. I get these pains like someone is spearing my head with a dagger. They don't last long but enough for me to hold my head and say a big YOW! Summer is allergy/sinus season and in areas without a lot of rain the smog can really do it.
Panic can cause it to. If you were about to have a stroke you wouldn't be able to prevent it anyway... so why worry about something you can't prevent?

Closed Thread