It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
(male)

NdInfoPls HB User
Can a panic attack lead to a stroke? 25y/o male

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been smoking Ice with my girlfriend for the past three months everyday. We have like 4-5 diff. smoke sessions a day. Where we take about 3 hits each session. Beginning in the morning when we wake up for work cont. throughout the day until we are ready to go to sleep wich is usually around 3 or 4 in the morning and we get an average of maybe 3-4 hrs of sleep if any. we both have lost alot of weight wich is actually good. i now weigh 165lbs. 5'7" n she 120 5'4''. It physically or mentally doesnt effect her at all neg. the way it does me n im the man, u would think id have more tolerance.. iIwonder if im having panic attacks, but i cant tell.. I sometimes feel like im having a heart attack and sometimes feel like im having a stroke. iI feel like im coming close to death like every other day but yet as soon as i feel better its back to smoking. Its really hard to quit because we are so deep into it if we dont smoke, than we're so tired we wont make it through the day and we both work full time. N i am definately addicted. I have been 2 the hospital 6 times due to this had ekg's and blood work n all the test and everytime they say im healthy, im probably having a panic attack,give up the dope. Easier said than done. So i go back to smoking. Can my panic attacks lead to a stroke? Is it true everytime this happends my heart gets bigger and can explode? I need honest answers please if anybody has any insight, I'd really appreciate it. Lately ive read that smoking ice can cause a stroke and lately ive been having some symptoms of a stoke. i strongly feel its anxiety. I could be wrong....I get numbness in my head at times in my left arm and sometimes in the face but i convince myself its the drugs...?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2006, 11:34 PM   #2
(female)

Mvhrt HB User
Re: Can a panic attack lead to a stroke? 25y/o male

Panic attacks don't cause strokes. As for your other behavior i have no idea. Panic attacks can make you feel as though you are going to die. (exuse my lack of knowledge of drugs) but if you are taking a drug that is an upper it will increase your adreniline and quite possibly cause a panic attack... part of a panic attack is an over abundance of adreniline. But.... if you are worried that you have other health problems you should clean yourself up (probably easier said than done) and go see a dr.... unless you want to keep living and feeling as though your dying.
I don't know if your heart will "explode" but drugs that make your heart beat faster are risky... a heart can go to fast and blow a valve- so to speak... and cause heart failure.
So i'd say you have a combination of panic and anxiety due to your drug use.... do yourself a favor and get help!
Take care

Old 09-12-2006, 09:18 PM   #3
(female)

Dan's Mom HB User

What a struggle! when you quit the drugs, even if in a controlled environment, you won't feel very good for a while. You are going to have go there before you get better. If you do that in a controlled enviornment it would be better because they can help you through it. I'm sad to think that you are so young and yet have such a sad life. My son Dan would have been 25 tomorrow, just like you. but he didnt get the chance. he was misdiagnosed as having a shoulder injury when he had leukemia. He was a wonderful young man who never even drank or smoked. He just loved the outdoors and farmimg. Please, think about that. Live the life that of a 25 year old, one that he didnt get. It isn't too late for you! what a great age! I hate to see you miss out on it .. on chasing your dreams!!!I was old before my time, so I never realized how young I was when I was 25. You have everything, youth, energy..life should be good Ndinfopls!! It is good and it can be good for you too!! You need to stop before you do have a stroke and can't fix it. You are right, you should be worried! Please let me know how you are doing, okay honey?

Old 09-19-2006, 10:01 PM   #4
(female)

angelique5 HB User

A panic attack cannot cause a stroke...strokes are blood clots that make their way to your brain, and cause damage...

Please...get your drug addiction under control...it's much more likely to kill you than your possiblity of a stroke...

Closed Thread