It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2007, 11:04 AM   #1
(female)

oceanview916 HB User
Cerebellum Stroke after-effects- need your experiences with this type of stroke?

re: After-affects from a cerebellum stroke

hi, I was on here weeks ago about my friend having had a < cerebellum stroke >. Robert aged 52, has been out of hospital for a week now and it has not been good news as he has had several episodes of pounding headaches, vision disturbances and other after-affects from this type of stroke.

Robert has had to be admitted again to hospital today and I was wondering if anyone here has had experience of a < cerebellum stoke > and how it affected you and after your left hospital.

It is so distressing for the person who has had the stroke and those close around them, any information would be of help on < cerebellum strokes > .

Many thanks in advance of your reply.

Diana

Last edited by oceanview916; 02-13-2007 at 11:08 AM.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:29 AM   #2
(female)

Stacia HB UserStacia HB User
Re: Cerebellum Stroke after-effects- need your experiences with this type of stroke?

Hi Diana -

My husband had a cerebellum stroke a few years ago at the age of 32. He went undiagnosed for almost 2 years so we didn't have the hospital stay but he was home from work for a week with the headaches and a knot on the back of his neck the size of a baseball. The doc gave him muscle relaxers and pain pills... said it was the flu or something. WHAT AN IDIOT!! Anyway...

The good thing about having a stroke in the cerebellum part of the brain, is that it is the easiest to recover from with no long term effect. That part of the brain is what affects balance and memory. You stated it has been a few weeks..... my husband was pretty much back to normal within two. Sorry, I don't know what else to tell you.

Any questions, ask. I'll do my best to answer them.

Stacia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread