It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
(female)

harmony06 HB User
Unhappy what does tingling on top of head mean?

i just have a question. recently i have been having this strang feeling at the top of my head. feels like i have a hat on. kind of a numbness feeling. this doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes a couple of days in a row and ussually in the evening. could this mean anything? i do take medications for bipolar disorder, 1000mg depakote, 300mg wellbutrin, and 100mg lamictal. i don't know that any of these could be causing the sensations that i have been feeling.

maybe its nothing but sometimes it does feel like a tingling, but when i first notice it, it truely feels like i'm wearing a hat. i always put my hand on my head to make sure. does anyone have any idea what might be happening?

strokes and heart attacks strongly run in my family, and i am over weight, have high blood pressure, and have high cholesterol. i'm trying to do something about it but it takes time and will power.

thanks for any help that you can give me

harmony

Old 05-19-2007, 10:31 PM   #2
(female)

harmony06 HB User
Re: what does tingling on top of head mean?

could someone please reply? i was just wondering if this was one of the signs for a stroke. it's just really strange when the whole top of your head tingles. thank you for any replies you may have

harmony

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2007, 11:04 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

If it is your scalp tingling, and you don't have any other symptoms for example, headache, or vision troubles, then no, probably not a stroke. Maybe you are holding your body or sitting so that nerves in the surface of your neck and head are pinched off. It is also possible that it is one of the medications. Do any of them warn about tingling in the fingers? If it doesn't escalate into anything more bothersome, I don't think it is anything TOO bad. Mention it to your physician and see what he has to say.

Last edited by Seraph; 05-19-2007 at 11:04 PM.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:58 AM   #4
(female)

harmony06 HB User

thank you for replying Seraph, you made me feel a bit better. maybe it is just a side effect from my meds. i do sometimes see double but this is also a side effect from my medications. you know what the funny thing is? if a stroke has the same warning signs as a medication has for effects then how would you know the difference until it's to late? just curious is all?

thanks again

harmony

Old 07-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #5
(female)

KerryT HB UserKerryT HB User

My sister knows when her blood pressure is up because the top of her head tingles. Have you checked your BP?

Closed Thread