It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2007, 07:46 PM   #1
(female)

stormee11 HB User
My husband's foot is numb....I'm worried about him.

Hello. About 6 weeks ago my husband sat outside on a log for about 8 hours. The next morning his left foot was numb, and he is unable to move it upwards. When he walks he looks like he is trotting with his left foot. Since we don't have medical insurance, he has not seen a doctor. He also told me that he has some memory loss from that day, but he did drink several beers. Does this sound like it could be a stroke, or more likely a nerve problem from sitting in one position for a long period of time. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. I'm worried about him. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2007, 09:16 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lylone HB User
Re: My husband's foot is numb....I'm worried about him.

I am no doctor, and have not had a stoke, but numbness with memory loss is not a good thing.
A friend's hubby had the same problem but with his face only and then the memory loss. It was diagnosed as a TIA and they are still doing tests.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2007, 05:55 PM   #3
(female)

madfit HB User
Re: My husband's foot is numb....I'm worried about him.

Hi,
I'm not a doctor but I did have a stroke. The numbness combined with memory loss sounds like a TIA. I know you said you have no insurance, but he does need to be looked after.

In case that occurs again, please take him to the ER at the hospital. They cannot deny you medical treatment. Good luck.

Closed Thread