It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2007, 11:39 AM   #1
(female)

ahiller HB User
TIA advice and input please

The reason I'm writing this is cause I'm very scared to have a full stroke and I would like to know if anyone else has been through this. I'm also looking for opinions on whether or not it sounds like TIA and if there's any advice anyone could give me it would be much appreciated.
My primary care physcian thinks I may have had 2 TIA. I'm only 25. I came home from work one day and way very dizzy and out of it for about an hour, then shortly later the right side of my of my body became very numb and I couldn't talk or walk. I becaume very weak and out of it. My family that was around said the right side of my face turned blue and they couldn't understand me. I went to the hospital and waited for 3 hours to see a Dr., by that time, the symptoms went away. Then 5 days later same thing. I was driving home from work and the right side of my body started going numb. When I got home I couldn't talk or walk. My family said it looked like the right side of my face was dead cause it was just hanging there and sagging. I went to the hospital and had a cat scan and nothing showed up. The ER Dr said it looked just like a stroke when I came in and refered me to a neurologist. Both times the right side of my face wouldn't move. After the 2nd attack, I was tired and slept for 2 days and my muscles ached. I had an mri/mra 2 days after the 2nd attack and they check for clots and MS and found nothing. I've been taking baby aspring and stopped by birth control (nuva ring) cause my Dr said your chance of a stroke are higher with that type. I'm worried that I may have full stroke and it scares me cause I'm only 25. I want know what I can do to eliminate or decrease my chances of having a full stroke. I also want to know if this sounds like a TIA cause my physician and the Er dr said yes but the nuerologist said no.
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2007, 05:05 PM   #2
(female)

madfit HB User
Re: TIA advice and input please

Hi,
That sounds kind of weird that the doctors and the neurologist have different opinions on what you have.

Now the tests that are performed can tell exactly wat you had. I would see 2 new doctors, especially another neurologist. It definitely sounds like you had a TIA, although I'm not a doctor, I would definitely have it checked.

Since you're only 25, please check out all possibilities.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:13 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

leea1206 HB Userleea1206 HB User
Re: TIA advice and input please

That is very scary. While I am no doctor, it sure sounds like TIA's and the drooping face sounds like Bell's palsy (a temporary condition, I believe related to TIAs).
Do you have any family hx of stroke? How is your blood pressure? I would think with someone so young, your neck/carotid arteries would be clear. I would assume they have checked that. Also hope they did a complete metabolic panel, just to check, other functions, such as kidney ect.

I completely understand your concern and hope they are following you closely. the important thing for a TIA or full-blown stroke is to get to the ER ASAP, so they can give you clot-busting drugs, if necessary. If you have another episode, I would advise, get to the ER.
Leea

Closed Thread