It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2007, 04:49 PM   #1
(female)

bschoor HB User
Question How dangerous are mini strokes after hemorage?

My mom had a hemorage in april 07 and a mini stroke in june 07. I have a feeling she had a mini stroke last week also. They are looking into it.
I really am not sure what to think about these mini strokes. Am I suppose to be worried or are they more of an "aftershock" from the first one?

Old 07-12-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
(female)

MAMMYBOJAMMY HB User
Re: How dangerous are mini strokes after hemorage?

Hi B. What your Mom is having is called TIA's. They should be checking her blood and have her on a blood thinner by now, and maybe more meds, depending on her blood report. TIA's can lead up to a full blown stroke. She needs to continue to be seen by a Dr. go to the search engine you use and type in tia, adn read what you can about it. It will help you understand a lot.

Have they done an ultrasound on her Carotid Arteries. If not, they need to. I would think if she is having mini-strokes, the Dr. would already have her on meds.

My hubby had a full blown stroke in 2001. He is very lucky to be alive. He went to PT, and did everything they told him to do. Today, he is driving, mowing the yard, trimming the hedges, and even plants a smal garden. They had him doing a lot of walking. He worked himself up to being able to walk a couple of miles a day. He has since stopped walking, and I wish he hadn't done it, but what can ya say. He is a grown man.

Please research the tia. You need to know what is going on and that the Dr. is doing what he or she is supposed to be doing. We have to be our own advocate these days...if we don't look out for ourselves, who will.

Hope something I said has helped you. I am new here and still trying to learn the board. It is very different than where I usually go.

Talk to ya later and i hope you can get some answers for you mom. Strokes are nothing to fool around with. They are serious.

Later, Brenda...aka...MAMMYBOJAMMY

Last edited by moderator2; 07-12-2007 at 03:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2007, 01:54 PM   #3
(female)

Imajeanation HB User

"Mini-strokes"/transient ischemic attacks are often prodromal signs that a stroke may be coming. Please be aware that they're not considered after shock effects. Very important to follow-up. I agree 100% with Mammybojammy!

Last edited by Imajeanation; 07-14-2007 at 01:55 PM.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:29 AM   #4
(female)

bschoor HB User

Hey thank you for the info. It really helped. Mom went for an MRI yesterday. They did a CT scan last week and nothing showed up but the last mini stroke wasn't real noticable on CT scan either. Thanks again!!!

Closed Thread