It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
(male)

Joelm996 HB User
Rehab help after Pons Stroke

Hey all , I was told after my MRI last week I suffered a pons stroke. I was left with a weak left arm an hand as well as drooped face weird sensations in head an some word stumbling. Im 26 yrs old and as a mechanic and tire changer for a NASCAR racing team my body and mind demand alot out of me. Would like to know any good ways to go about rehabing. Physical mental etc etc. Any advice would be appreciated !!

Old 06-21-2008, 06:31 PM   #2
(female)

Hoopa7p HB User
Re: Rehab help after Pons Stroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelm996 View Post
Hey all , I was told after my MRI last week I suffered a pons stroke. I was left with a weak left arm an hand as well as drooped face weird sensations in head an some word stumbling. Im 26 yrs old and as a mechanic and tire changer for a NASCAR racing team my body and mind demand alot out of me. Would like to know any good ways to go about rehabing. Physical mental etc etc. Any advice would be appreciated !!

Your doctor, local hospital, local college or university should be able to refer you to a physical therapist and occupational therapist. Both types of therapist will help you with the weakness in your arm, hand and face. You should also get a referral for a speech Pathologist who will also help you with the weakness in your face as well as the stumbling of your words. I am a Speech Pathologist. I recommend that you get to a Speech Pathologist (not a Speech Therapist).

The difference between a Speech Pathologist and Speech Therapist is that a Speech Pathologist is fully liscenced by the state and nationally. Speech Therapists are usually recent graduated students who are working towards fullfilling the requirements necessary to get that state and federal liscences. They don't have the same amount of experience as a Speech Pathologist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread