It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 03:02 PM   #1
(female)

dsm123456 HB User
I need some help...face, hands, arms numb...after stroke

I just found out that the numbness I have that comes and goes is considered a TIA. I had a brain stem stroke 1 year ago and have had these numb feelings ever since. Since I am having these TIAs does that mean it is imminent I am going to have a second stroke? Even though I take aggrenox and lovastatin as prescribed?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
(female)

agalloway HB User
Re: I need some help...face, hands, arms numb...after stroke

I have been going through the same thing, numbness on the right side. I had a stroke in 02 and another in 07. It has been happening daily, sometimes 5-6 times per day and lasting anywhere from 5 minutes to 12 hours. They thought I was having TIA's. I have went through all the tests: mri, mra, echo,ekg, eeg. Because it has happening so often, they do not think I am having TIA now. say a migraine specialst and still he does not know what can cause this. It has been happening for 6 months now. I was on aggranox, but I just had a PFO closed so they put me on Coumadin for three months. They will put me back on aggranox when this therapy is done. So sorry, I am not much help, but hopefully you will not feel all alone, their are others who are going through the same thing. Hopefully, you can find out what is causing your systems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2008, 12:15 PM   #3
(female)

agalloway HB User
Re: I need some help...face, hands, arms numb...after stroke

I am afraid of having another stroke also. My first stroke was in 5/02. It was in the Brocca area, left me unable to speak, could not read or write, short term memory was affected and a few other things. It took me over 3 years till I was able to speak fluently again. My reading and writing is coming, but i still have prblems with that. My 2nd stroke was in 7/07. It was in the same spot as my first, mainly cauing me problems with pain on my right side. Then in Jan I started with the numbness, dizziness, loss of concentration and problems focusing on things. It has been ongoing since then. The dr bills have equaled $80,000 for the last few months, and they still do not know what is going on. But, I am tired of going to Dr's, i had evey test that they can think of, so I am just relying on prayer and faith at this time. Hopefully you can get better answers that i have. I am confident in my Drs, but they do not know everthing, but they have done enough test on me and they could not find a cause, so I just have to rely on what they told me, they don't think i have TIA's. I hope you are able to find an answer. good luck.

Closed Thread