It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Boslee2008 HB User
Vertebral Artery Dissection???

Does anyone know if MRA and symptom presentation is enough to rule out VAD?? I have been dizzy for 6 months straight now, and I have had multiple MRI's, CT scans and one MRA, plus a carotid ultrasound and transcranial ultrasound. Everything 100% normal. But from what I've read, CT-angiography is the gold standard test for this but I hear it can be dangerous to the kidneys, as well as mildly invasive. I have NOT had a stroke, but I am presenting with symptoms on a 24 a day basis, and the only thing that can worsen them, is anything that increases pressure, like straining, blowing my nose a lot, walking too much, or holding my breath. Weird stuff. But here are the symptoms. Does anyone have any experience with this?? I am suffering BIG TIME and I am running around in circles. I have 20 month old twins at home who no longer have a father because of this crap!!!

1. 24/7 appearance that the entire world is moving around and shifting. It's never still. I HATE this symptom!!!

2. 24/7 "sensory" overload, so I cannot be in busy, crowded places because my brain cannot process the information

3. 24/7 light sensitivity

4. I have weird head symptoms like having a low-grade vibration-type feeling in my head all the time. The vibrations can come on VERY strong for a period of 2-3 seconds. This happens typically once every 1-2 months for som reason.

5. Pressure-induced dizziness. when these attacks happen, head motions make me dizzier, my neck vibrates upon moving it, I feel like I am bouncing up and down when I walk, and I am too dizzy to walk straight. The attack lasts 5-8 hours and then it subsides if I lay down.

6. Both ears are "Full" 24 hours a day

7. I sometimes see flashing lights in the dark, or with my eyes closed

I've had all the inner ear testing like ENG, VEMP, ECoG, CT scan on inner ears, Etc, nothing can be found which is why it's believed my problem is "central". I have a "working" diagnosis of migraine, but I have history of snapping my own neck, and just before the incident hit me this past January, I had been having a lot of neck pain, and had been adjusting myself more than usual. I also fell asleep on the couch the wrong way for 2 days prior to onset, which doesn't help as well. Onset of symptoms was even worse than I presented above. Acute nausea (not enough to throw up), light sensitivity, dizziness, stuffy ears, spaced out feeling, unable to sleep because of the dizzy feelings. All of this slowly got better over the course of 2 weeks, but all the symptoms remained, and new ones started popping up. Nobody can find anything with the tests I've had. I can't do this anymore, I really can't!!!

Rich

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread