It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2009, 03:44 AM   #1
(male)

lymphpre HB User
small vessel disease

I was wondering if anyone here has experience of small vessel disease?

I have been unwell for around two years, with headaches, light-headedness, and profuse sweating. During that time, I was diagnosed with lymphoma in the abdomen, and received chemotherapy. My oncologist said that he did not think my symptoms were caused by the lymphoma, and may well still be there following treatment. That unfortunately has been the case, and the symptoms have got worse. In the last month or so I have also started experiencing extreme fatigue and feeling very weak physically.

I have just had an MRI scan of my head, which discovered multiple white matter lesions, described as consistent with small vessel disease. The scan report concluded by saying "I assume this patient has vascular risk factors?" I do have high cholesterol, but none of the other factors such as high BP, diabetes, smoking or drinking, and I am only 42. I really do not think this can be due to small vessel disease, and I do not see how that could explain my symptoms.

Has anyone here been diagnosed with small vessel disease, and experienced light-headedness, profuse sweating, headaches and extreme fatigue?

Old 04-07-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
(female)

luvcows HB User
Re: small vessel disease

Yes...I was told I have small vessel disease. I had a stroke 4 years ago when I was 42. I was diagnosed with a PFO which I had closed. But I get such severe exhaustion. I am fine when I wake up in the morning and then as the day goes on I some times get a feeling like my battery konked out!! It is a hard feeling to describe. Also if i am on my feet for a couple of hours I too get very lightheaded. Frustrating isnt it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2009, 06:23 AM   #3
(female)

Sharbear50 HB User

I have been diagnosed with small vessel disease. I have all of the same symptoms you do. I don't know what the treatment is or should be but I have an appointment today to try to figure it all out. Headaches are the worst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lymphpre View Post

I have been unwell for around two years, with headaches, light-headedness, and profuse sweating. During that time, I was diagnosed with lymphoma in the abdomen, and received chemotherapy. My oncologist said that he did not think my symptoms were caused by the lymphoma, and may well still be there following treatment. That unfortunately has been the case, and the symptoms have got worse. In the last month or so I have also started experiencing extreme fatigue and feeling very weak physically.

I have just had an MRI scan of my head, which discovered multiple white matter lesions, described as consistent with small vessel disease. The scan report concluded by saying "I assume this patient has vascular risk factors?" I do have high cholesterol, but none of the other factors such as high BP, diabetes, smoking or drinking, and I am only 42. I really do not think this can be due to small vessel disease, and I do not see how that could explain my symptoms.

Has anyone here been diagnosed with small vessel disease, and experienced light-headedness, profuse sweating, headaches and extreme fatigue?

Old 11-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #4
(female)

scrambled brain HB User

I also have small blood vessel disease of the brain which was diagnosed after I had numerous TIA,s and 1 minor stroke,sorry to say but there is no cure for it,its very important that your blood pressure isnt high,dont smoke as that constricts the blood vessels,excercise,and have a healthy diet.. and most importantly take each day one at a time..cheers xx

Old 11-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #5
(female)

Sharbear50 HB User

Thank you for your reply. I don't have high blood pressure but I am a smoker. I also don't have a weight problem, luckily...more under weight than over. The dizziness, tingly fingers and fatigue along with the head aches are troublesome. I guess it could always be worse and I am thankful for what health I do have.
Cheers to you too from Florida.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:12 AM   #6
(female)

Grey Shroom HB User

I just found out last evening at my doctor's office that I have this Small vessel Brain Disease. He said I have had a few small, small strokes and and episode or 2 of TIA's. My husband is picking up my meds from the drugstore today after he gets off from work. My doctor says that the hardening parts will become more pliable with the medication. As far as the headaches go he is putting me on a med with the fewest headaches. I will post my meds later on. I am glad to have found u guys as I have no one to talk to. My dad passed from diabetes with dementia and even tho I don't have the diabetes, well, I just feel I am following his footsteps. I have Bipolar as well and wonder if some of my manic episode outbursts have been the strokes.
Later,
grey shroom

Old 12-09-2009, 03:40 AM   #7
(female)

scrambled brain HB User

Hi Grey Sroom im sorry to hear you have the small blood vessel disease..do you get many headaches,I was diagnosed with the disease nearly 2 yrs ago after having a small stroke I requested an MRI as my doc wasnt keen on giving me one and lucky I did as it showed I had widespread small vessel brain disease..Im interested in hearing what meds you are on to make the parts more pliable as my doc hasnt mentioned that to me..take care and God bless xx

Old 12-09-2009, 12:45 PM   #8
(female)

Sharbear50 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Shroom View Post
I just found out last evening at my doctor's office that I have this Small vessel Brain Disease. He said I have had a few small, small strokes and and episode or 2 of TIA's. My husband is picking up my meds from the drugstore today after he gets off from work. My doctor says that the hardening parts will become more pliable with the medication. As far as the headaches go he is putting me on a med with the fewest headaches. I will post my meds later on. I am glad to have found u guys as I have no one to talk to. My dad passed from diabetes with dementia and even tho I don't have the diabetes, well, I just feel I am following his footsteps. I have Bipolar as well and wonder if some of my manic episode outbursts have been the strokes.
Later,
grey shroom
I too have been diagnosed with Small Vessel Disease. What meds are you on? I have only been given something for migraines. It does work but only after a couple of hours of sinus burn. Weird.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #9
(female)

Sharbear50 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lymphpre View Post

Indeed I too have this Small Vessel Disease in my brain. I was only given something for migraines, which only helps after a couple of hours of a really bad sinus burn. Weird. I don't know what else can be done for it. Sorry.

Closed Thread