It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
(female)

GREATGRANY HB User
Question Is it too late?

Greetings;
Since I don't know what happened to me after my first 30 minutes in the emergency room. Can I now 5 years later try to find out what happened to me, how it happened, and why it happened??? The last thing I remember is being told it the they were trying to bring my blood pressure down. Can high blood pressure, by itself, cause a stroke. I believe my stroke was the result of a blood clot.
Thanks

Last edited by Administrator; 06-15-2010 at 08:21 PM.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
(female)

Kaycon HB UserKaycon HB User
Re: Is it too late?

Hello

My stroke was caused by High Blood Pressure alone I have no other health problems, they tested me for everything, I am not overweight and I am not diabetic. My stroke was a bleed not a clot. Have you never been told what caused your stroke? There must be a way of finding out, it must be dreadful not knowing. At least I know what caused mine and it is being controlled, did they tell any family members, or can you contact the hospital where you were treated, it should be on your medical records.
Good luck with finding out
Kay

Last edited by Administrator; 06-15-2010 at 08:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
(female)

GREATGRANY HB User
Lightbulb Re: Is it too late?

THANKS KAY;
I believe my stroke was the result of a clot. I was put on taking a 325mg aspirin a day. Later I was prescribed Libitor for high cholesterol. I am still concerned about what I was initially treated for when I entered the emergency room. Not all hospitals or emergency rooms are aware of how to treat persons with possible signs of a stroke.
Iam presently concerned about my 47 year old son who, I believe, had aTIA last month. He was not told of the possiblity of having a stroke. He has been put on several of the same medications I am taking. I don't want him to have a stroke by not knowing what's going on with his body.... . I don't believe its all about just medications....
Peace to you and your family!

Last edited by Administrator; 06-15-2010 at 08:10 PM.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User

hi.
I knew i wasn't feeling good for some reason. So there we go. Over 5000 peoples reading and helping and it's gone. Look at the "My Settings" to get for e-mails. This might get deleted too. how knows? Be the way, I had a stroke and I'm not feeling very well today. My head hurts, my friends are gone. I have an ankle strain. My dog scratched my fore arm and a bruise.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-15-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:52 AM   #5
(female)

Unhappy Re: Is it too late?

Hi everyone
I too am feeling poorly, I do wonder whether the stroke effects our system in that it takes us longer to get over the normal everyday bugs that are out there. I also feel very low because our thread has been closed , I don't know how to start a chit chat thread/forum that I believe has helped us all so much.
Take care
Love you all
Kay

Last edited by Administrator; 06-15-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Old 05-14-2010, 02:06 PM   #6
(female)

Hi everyone, It's lovely to hear from you. Very well put Tim you did make me laugh I have finished my anti biotics now and feel much better, they really made me feel poorly. I never had a problem with them post stroke so maybe it's because of all the meds I am on they didn't mix too well. I had a really good day today I almost felt normal, it's great to know we can still have them maybe as time goes on they will be more frequent and last longer. I hope you are all well it's soooo good to hear from you I have missed you all and our chit chats.
Hope to hear from you soon take care Kay

Old 05-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Hi Jenny...Good to see you! If it were "only" the strokes that we have to overcome, right?

I'm with you...I rather be outside, (our weather here is embarrassingly wonderful), but when I find myself living in my recliner for a few days, I do like to check in here, with my friends..

And, of course to everyone...find a little something to cheer for! Even if it is an ant race. Love to all,

Janet

Closed Thread