It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User
Music Sounds Different After A Stroke

Hey icm,
Yes, music was totally different after my stroke. I will be back in a second, I want to read what you wrote again in another post so I can ask all of your questions.
Tim

Old 06-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #2
(female)

icm HB User
Re: Music Sounds Different After A Stroke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positive Cynic View Post
Hey icm,
Yes, music was totally different after my stroke. I will be back in a second, I want to read what you wrote again in another post so I can ask all of your questions.
Tim
ok im here

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User

hey tim i glad to know there is someone else out there that dosn't feel the same after a stroke.i also used to read and listen to music and now i don't care for it.i know im not the same and that is what depress me so much.my husband is my rock.it does feel like your going crazy bc so many changes.mine happened on may 27th 2010 and i am trying to cope with my self diff,i can sing but this is going to sound strange but in a japenese scale note,also talk it but it scares my husband so i dont do it .if i get upset it comes out.i wish i knew if someone was like me,you know after this we do feel alone and omg worry i wish i knew why????

icm,
I am sorry you are scared and confused and unfortunately there really are no easy answers about strokes. My doctor told me when I was in the hospital that basically no one really knows because every stroke is different. It is not like a broken arm, where the doctor an say exactly what happened, what it did and when it will get better. Every person that had a stroke is unique to them alone. I stopped asking my doctor questions, because I knew he didn't know, so I pretty much had to do it on my own by researching and talking to other stroke survivors (they are the ones that truly know).

Your stroke just happened on May 27, so you are just new to all of this. You are doing very well if you are on the internet already. It took me over a month before I could read and type again, let alone get on the computer, so that is a very very good sign for you.

You are the only other one that I have heard that had a problem with music like me. I completely stopped listening to music for a long time because every song I heard sounded exactly the same. That about killed me because I am a musician and have played my whole life, but it made me angry just to listen to it. (It did came back later ) About you sounding different with singing and talking - I have heard about that too. It is rare, but it does happen, so that is not your imagination.

All the things that you are feeling (depression, anger, confusion, worry) are all normal things. You will be ok, but it takes time. Your brain will re-wire itself to get you back. You said you are different - well - you are right now. That was a really hard thing in my own life, really hard. But don't try to do everything at once. Stroke survivors on this board are here to help. Ask anything you want or need, there is no silly question. If you can find a group of stroke survivors, I would encourage you to go. Your best friends right now are stroke survivors because they will understand how you are feeling.

I hope I helped a little. Please let me know how you are doing and try not to worry (I know that is hard) but you will be be ok.

God Bless you,
Tim

Old 06-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #4
(female)

icm HB User

Quote:
hey tim i glad to know there is someone else out there that dosn't feel the same after a stroke.i also used to read and listen to music and now i don't care for it.i know im not the same and that is what depress me so much.my husband is my rock.it does feel like your going crazy bc so many changes.mine happened on may 27th 2010 and i am trying to cope with my self diff,i can sing but this is going to sound strange but in a japenese scale note,also talk it but it scares my husband so i dont do it .if i get upset it comes out.i wish i knew if someone was like me,you know after this we do feel alone and omg worry i wish i knew why????

icm,
I am sorry you are scared and confused and unfortunately there really are no easy answers about strokes. My doctor told me when I was in the hospital that basically no one really knows because every stroke is different. It is not like a broken arm, where the doctor an say exactly what happened, what it did and when it will get better. Every person that had a stroke is unique to them alone. I stopped asking my doctor questions, because I knew he didn't know, so I pretty much had to do it on my own by researching and talking to other stroke survivors (they are the ones that truly know).

Your stroke just happened on May 27, so you are just new to all of this. You are doing very well if you are on the internet already. It took me over a month before I could read and type again, let alone get on the computer, so that is a very very good sign for you.

You are the only other one that I have heard that had a problem with music like me. I completely stopped listening to music for a long time because every song I heard sounded exactly the same. That about killed me because I am a musician and have played my whole life, but it made me angry just to listen to it. (It did came back later ) About you sounding different with singing and talking - I have heard about that too. It is rare, but it does happen, so that is not your imagination.

All the things that you are feeling (depression, anger, confusion, worry) are all normal things. You will be ok, but it takes time. Your brain will re-wire itself to get you back. You said you are different - well - you are right now. That was a really hard thing in my own life, really hard. But don't try to do everything at once. Stroke survivors on this board are here to help. Ask anything you want or need, there is no silly question. If you can find a group of stroke survivors, I would encourage you to go. Your best friends right now are stroke survivors because they will understand how you are feeling.

I hope I helped a little. Please let me know how you are doing and try not to worry (I know that is hard) but you will be be ok.

God Bless you,
Tim
tim,thank you yes im glad that i can type and write good but i do get frustrated with trying to read ....i wish i knew why i don't care for music or even tv....but im finding out that everyone of us that this happened to has diff symtoms ...i am going to look into a support group but just hearing back from you is great.i can walk and talk and i should be grateful for that and i am but i still get scard and feel alone ..i hope that with time i will adjust.thank you so much i know it is hard for you to adjust to knowing that you used to love music too......can i ask what happened to you the day you had yours?icm

Old 06-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #5
(female)

Alberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB User

For some reason I don't like to listen to music anymore. I really can't stand what my kids listen too,but that might just be my age. I used to listen to it all the time(I loved it) not anymore. As for reading, I am slowing getting back into that. Alberta

Old 06-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

tim,thank you yes im glad that i can type and write good but i do get frustrated with trying to read ....i wish i knew why i don't care for music or even tv....but im finding out that everyone of us that this happened to has diff symtoms ...i am going to look into a support group but just hearing back from you is great.i can walk and talk and i should be grateful for that and i am but i still get scard and feel alone ..i hope that with time i will adjust.thank you so much i know it is hard for you to adjust to knowing that you used to love music too......can i ask what happened to you the day you had yours?icm

Hi icm,
The first thing that I noticed on your last post is "scared and alone". Wow do I relate to that. Please don't feel alone though, because you have friends here, so you are never really alone. We may not get back right away, but there are people here and care. If you are mad, write it here. If you are alone, write it here. If you are crying, write it here. There are hundreds of people here that just read and don't response. Maybe that can't, I don't know. But I do know that everything you write is helping someone, even though you don't know it.

About your music and tv. If you don't care about it now, then don't do it. The thinks you liked before will come back (I promise). Don't make yourself do something you used to do, that you don't understand now. After my stroke, when I was alone, I would sit in the couch and just sit liking the quiet with nothing on at all. Then I thought to myself, this is nuts, what's wrong? But now that I look back, I believe my brain needed it to recharge itself. I stopped trying to keep doing what I used to do and try to get comfortable into "my new person" and to be honest it is not all bad. I used to get anger over the littlest thing, and now I don't. I think that is a good thing. I have more compassion for other people. That is also a good thing.

The things you used to love that look gone now, will come back in time. I used to make diner every night for years and I just couldn't do it after my stroke. But you know right now I'm cooking as I write this to you. And I started listening to the radio again as I could distiquish other songs. I have also started playing my guitar again a little. I still can play and know all the chords, I just couldn't remember songs (I knew hundreds) but I can play about 4 now, so that is good.

You asked me what happened to me. Well, I will make it short as possible. I had bacteria in my blood that had been dormant for decades. When it started to live again after I was 51 years old and it just hit me, wham. I was in the hospital for 5-7 days (I don't remember) and they could not find why I had a stroke. Well after the 3 or 4 day they found that bacteria. It was so rare that they sent my blood to the Mayo Clinic. I quess that is why trying to understand why is a waste of your energy. It is better to just accept it and move on with your life.

This whole stuff (stroke) gets better, I promise. It is just the 2-3-4 months are just brutal.

Please don't think that you did anything wrong because you didn't. I don't know why God does that stuff, but he does. I hope that your husband/boyfriend can understand a little. My marriage is rock solid, but when I had my stroke, we had some rocky parts, but we are ok. She just couldn't understand the things I where doing and I knew she could never know what it was and I didn't expect her to. This whole stroke nonsense affects everybody around you. I agree it is not fair, but we have to make the best we can. I wish no one ever had a stroke, but they do everyday and that is life.

icm, do you mind if I ask your name?

You are safe here. I didn't give my name either when I first here, but there is nothing but stroke survivors here.

Blessings to you,
Tim

Old 06-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #7
(male)

eemgee HB Usereemgee HB User

G'Day ICM,
You're not long since you had your stroke so at the moment it is very confusing what has happened & what will happen. It sounds very promising if you are already on this board.
18 months sincxe my bleeding stroke but I always liked light classical music and found out early in hospital that it calmned my head a lot.
You'll find out over the coming months that things will improve for you but don't be concerned if you have a few setbacks or you seem to plateau and not improve for a little while, it's happened a few times to me. It's as if the brain takes a little breather for awhile.
I agree with Tim & a few others on this board that each stroke is so different that doctors can't give a definite answer to our questions, we just have to experience what is happening but talking to each other on this thread is great therapy so keep asking questions & listening to other survivors experience.
Wayne

Old 06-08-2010, 06:50 AM   #8
(female)

icm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eemgee View Post
G'Day ICM,
You're not long since you had your stroke so at the moment it is very confusing what has happened & what will happen. It sounds very promising if you are already on this board.
18 months sincxe my bleeding stroke but I always liked light classical music and found out early in hospital that it calmned my head a lot.
You'll find out over the coming months that things will improve for you but don't be concerned if you have a few setbacks or you seem to plateau and not improve for a little while, it's happened a few times to me. It's as if the brain takes a little breather for awhile.
I agree with Tim & a few others on this board that each stroke is so different that doctors can't give a definite answer to our questions, we just have to experience what is happening but talking to each other on this thread is great therapy so keep asking questions & listening to other survivors experience.
Wayne
i am finding out that no two days are alike .im scard when i go to sleep and wonder how im going to talk each day..yeserday my daughter came to stay and i handed her pjs and said you can eat these instead of sleeo in them so my words are getting mixed up now for some reason and it happened alot testerday....dont understand how it changes each day like this but trying to remain calm and stay relax i am on no medicines eithermy husabamd gives me benadryl to sllep better at night...i thinking i go forwward and backward i wish someone could explain this.thank you for what you wrote and you and tim are really helping me cope.thank you

Old 06-08-2010, 07:18 AM   #9
(female)

icm HB User

Quote:

Hi icm,
The first thing that I noticed on your last post is "scared and alone". Wow do I relate to that. Please don't feel alone though, because you have friends here, so you are never really alone. We may not get back right away, but there are people here and care. If you are mad, write it here. If you are alone, write it here. If you are crying, write it here. There are hundreds of people here that just read and don't response. Maybe that can't, I don't know. But I do know that everything you write is helping someone, even though you don't know it.

About your music and tv. If you don't care about it now, then don't do it. The thinks you liked before will come back (I promise). Don't make yourself do something you used to do, that you don't understand now. After my stroke, when I was alone, I would sit in the couch and just sit liking the quiet with nothing on at all. Then I thought to myself, this is nuts, what's wrong? But now that I look back, I believe my brain needed it to recharge itself. I stopped trying to keep doing what I used to do and try to get comfortable into "my new person" and to be honest it is not all bad. I used to get anger over the littlest thing, and now I don't. I think that is a good thing. I have more compassion for other people. That is also a good thing.

The things you used to love that look gone now, will come back in time. I used to make diner every night for years and I just couldn't do it after my stroke. But you know right now I'm cooking as I write this to you. And I started listening to the radio again as I could distiquish other songs. I have also started playing my guitar again a little. I still can play and know all the chords, I just couldn't remember songs (I knew hundreds) but I can play about 4 now, so that is good.

You asked me what happened to me. Well, I will make it short as possible. I had bacteria in my blood that had been dormant for decades. When it started to live again after I was 51 years old and it just hit me, wham. I was in the hospital for 5-7 days (I don't remember) and they could not find why I had a stroke. Well after the 3 or 4 day they found that bacteria. It was so rare that they sent my blood to the Mayo Clinic. I quess that is why trying to understand why is a waste of your energy. It is better to just accept it and move on with your life.

This whole stuff (stroke) gets better, I promise. It is just the 2-3-4 months are just brutal.

Please don't think that you did anything wrong because you didn't. I don't know why God does that stuff, but he does. I hope that your husband/boyfriend can understand a little. My marriage is rock solid, but when I had my stroke, we had some rocky parts, but we are ok. She just couldn't understand the things I where doing and I knew she could never know what it was and I didn't expect her to. This whole stroke nonsense affects everybody around you. I agree it is not fair, but we have to make the best we can. I wish no one ever had a stroke, but they do everyday and that is life.

icm, do you mind if I ask your name?

You are safe here. I didn't give my name either when I first here, but there is nothing but stroke survivors here.

Blessings to you,
Tim
tim,my name is kelly and im 41.for the laat two days i have had some set backs but i think your right our brain has to recharge it self.my husband is 53 and has been wonderful thru this.ialso use to lose my cool too and now im a very mild and sweet person and my husband loves this.i dont take life for granit.i went out this morning and sat on my porch and just listened to the birds sing.you have been so good for me i feel happier that i can talk to someone whos understanding to how i feel.i sit sometimes and will be thinking and then like you said would just come to and get up and say im not going to let this get me down.i got words mixed up yesterday,and i was funny to others but not really why do we have agood day and then it seems we regress backwards.i have worked for 18 years on the same job and it was getting more and more stressful can this cause this to happen.the new personality hasnt been all bad, i use to bite my nails now i dont.my husband says i show so much more compassion to people now...i did use to be a people person and im scard of strangers now.did you ever feel that way.i think the lang that i sing is beautiful but it scares my husband.someone says its a japenese scale note....i use my hands to sing like im signing the words,i wish i knew more about this and how to research it and the rare cases of it.tim im gald you and your wife stayed together its on hard on them.thank you

Old 06-08-2010, 08:13 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

i am finding out that no two days are alike .im scard when i go to sleep and wonder how im going to talk each day..yeserday my daughter came to stay and i handed her pjs and said you can eat these instead of sleeo in them so my words are getting mixed up now for some reason and it happened alot testerday....dont understand how it changes each day like this but trying to remain calm and stay relax i am on no medicines eithermy husabamd gives me benadryl to sllep better at night...i thinking i go forwward and backward i wish someone could explain this.thank you for what you wrote and you and tim are really helping me cope.thank you

Good Morning icm,
I hope today is treating you good so far. I just wanted to respond for what you wrote today. I too used to be afraid to sleep at night. I had terrible nightmares that I really never had before. Some where so bad I didn't even want to fall back asleep. I hate to say the same thing over and over again, but after time things will get better, the nightmares for me went away after awhile and I sleep pretty good now. I have heard from all most all stroke survivors that sleeping sometimes can be a problem - so you are not alone on that one. It is just one of those things that happen to most.

Mixing up your words is probably done to everyone. I could not for the life of me get he and her right. I would always call my wife my husband I did it so much we just had to laugh about it. Me wife started back to school and one day I went to see her to meet her best friend at school. I knew she was dating with some one and when I met her I asked, "So, what is your girlfriends name?" She just looked at me and didn't say anything and I had to think really hard about what I said and I asked her, "did I say girlfriend? geez I'm sorry, I meant boyfriend," and she finally laughed. She knew I had a stroke, but I don't think that people realize what it really is, so you can get in some awkward situations.

I still have good talking days and bad talking days. If I have good day, I am thankful. If I know I am having a bad talking day, I will tell someone that may not know me that I have to talk to, I just tell them right away, "I had a stroke, so please bear with me." That way they know were I am coming from and I don't sound like a total idiot. Most people are very nice about it. (There is no shame about a stroke. It can happen to anyone at anytime and 99% of the time it is sudden with no warning.) If I am having a good day, I just don't even mention it, there is no need. I just try to be as normal as possible.

I also know that you want to explain why something is happening to you, but there may not be a reason sometimes. I kind of had to learn it all myself, but it was nice to know that many, many things that happen are common to all of us, so that is reassuring. And there are some things that may be only for you. It is just weird. But you will be fine. I can say that this forum really helped me alot when I was having a really bad time about everything.

God Bless and talk to you soon,
Tim

ps. Wayne - It is nice to see you back again. I hope things are going well. Start a new thread if you feel up to it so we can talk

Old 06-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hi Kelly!
It is nice to know your name. So I responded earlier and you responded again before I got to read the second one. Just so you know, a post can take me to 45 minutes to an hour or more. Alot of times I can't remember the exact word I want to use and usually write a different word, but is not the really one I wanted, but it could take me a week if I try to get just that perfect word I wanted.

So you made some good points.

I am happy you sat on the porch and listened to the birds. That was a good rest for you. I totally understand when it first happens that you are rushing around like you need to do something (I know that I did) but I finally slowed down a little and told myself, what am I rushing around for??? I used to do everything around the house, all the time, and suddenly I couldn't. I mean I couldn't even read, so how was I supposed to do anything around the house? The first thing my wife did was to get a lawn service for me. We really can't afford it, but she did it for me and it really helped me to stop worrying so much. I told her no, but she did anyway and now I'm glad she did.

You asked me if I was afraid of people? Hell yes I was. It sounds like we are alike as I was a people person too. I was always the life of the party and could make people laugh all the time. I waited a month before I saw our best couple that are also our neighbor only a block away. It was so uncomfortable for everyone. They didn't know what to say and I didn't know what to say. I could only stay a half hour because it really bothered me. And the first time I went the grocery alone was scary. I just hoped to God that nobody would talk to me and I just looked at the floor the most of the time just so I could get out of there. But like I said, in time, all of those feelings get less and less. I am not saying that it is perfect, but I am 1000 miles away from what I was right after my stroke.

Ok, now it is time for me to ask you a question What happened to your stroke? You said you worked at the same place for 18 years. That is very long time. Are they helping you at all? Do your friends from work talk to you? If they don't, don't be offended. People honestly don't know what to say. It is nobody's fault at all. It is just weird to everyone. Even my kids were different. It effects everybody you know, and that stinks. I thought for some reason it was my fault and my wife told me to stop saying I'm sorry. but like a said, it's nobody's fault. It just happened and that's about it.

Has your doctor given you any reason why this happened to you? If he doesn't really know try not to worry about it. Like I said, it took my dr. 3-4 days to find that weird bacteria and he still said he wasn't 100% sure if that was it, but it "probably" was.

I am glad your husband is understanding all of this. Just tell him not to be scared about your singing It might be gone tommorow and he'll say, why don't you sing pretty like that anymore Hey, maybe you should record it, seriously. Because if you ever do stop doing that, it might be a neat thing to look back at later.

Bless you both,
Tim

Old 06-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Hi Kelly, and welcome. I am Janet.

I'm so happy you are here. This is such a wonderful place for all of us. Our stroke board has never been stronger. I am 49, and had 4 strokes almost 7 years ago. I am very interested in the singing, how amazing is that?

Besides that, everything you mention sounds very familiar. I have to tell you, after 7 years, my speech still gets mixed up. I have found that I mix them up in the same way,,,I switch the first letters of the words, and rhyme everything. I have made up words when I cant find the word, and like you, each day is different. In fact, when I speak to my doctors, it never happens! But at home, it's hilarious. I have accepted this as part of the new me, and just have fun with it.

Like everyone here has mentioned, we are here for you...anytime. The fear will pass, the joy will return, and I hope you find yourself stronger and happier each day. Look at what is good, rest a lot...sleep is very important while your brain is fixing itself. Surround yourself with things that make you smile. Writing is so helpful, and we love to hear what you have to say.

Janet

Old 06-09-2010, 12:41 PM   #13
(female)

icm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeleft View Post
Hi Kelly, and welcome. I am Janet.

I'm so happy you are here. This is such a wonderful place for all of us. Our stroke board has never been stronger. I am 49, and had 4 strokes almost 7 years ago. I am very interested in the singing, how amazing is that?

Besides that, everything you mention sounds very familiar. I have to tell you, after 7 years, my speech still gets mixed up. I have found that I mix them up in the same way,,,I switch the first letters of the words, and rhyme everything. I have made up words when I cant find the word, and like you, each day is different. In fact, when I speak to my doctors, it never happens! But at home, it's hilarious. I have accepted this as part of the new me, and just have fun with it.

Like everyone here has mentioned, we are here for you...anytime. The fear will pass, the joy will return, and I hope you find yourself stronger and happier each day. Look at what is good, rest a lot...sleep is very important while your brain is fixing itself. Surround yourself with things that make you smile. Writing is so helpful, and we love to hear what you have to say.

Janet
woke up today and couldnt open my hands.i had a bad nigtmare and woke up and knew something was wrong.i was doing good yesterday and now im talking slower than before but the words are comming out right today.im having to type to with my two fingers its like i having problems with my hands today and im really getting down today and frusterated with myself.did this happen to you. ps.tim did it happen to you. KELLY

Old 06-09-2010, 01:36 PM   #14
(female)

icm HB User

Quote:
Hi Kelly!
It is nice to know your name. So I responded earlier and you responded again before I got to read the second one. Just so you know, a post can take me to 45 minutes to an hour or more. Alot of times I can't remember the exact word I want to use and usually write a different word, but is not the really one I wanted, but it could take me a week if I try to get just that perfect word I wanted.

So you made some good points.

I am happy you sat on the porch and listened to the birds. That was a good rest for you. I totally understand when it first happens that you are rushing around like you need to do something (I know that I did) but I finally slowed down a little and told myself, what am I rushing around for??? I used to do everything around the house, all the time, and suddenly I couldn't. I mean I couldn't even read, so how was I supposed to do anything around the house? The first thing my wife did was to get a lawn service for me. We really can't afford it, but she did it for me and it really helped me to stop worrying so much. I told her no, but she did anyway and now I'm glad she did.

You asked me if I was afraid of people? Hell yes I was. It sounds like we are alike as I was a people person too. I was always the life of the party and could make people laugh all the time. I waited a month before I saw our best couple that are also our neighbor only a block away. It was so uncomfortable for everyone. They didn't know what to say and I didn't know what to say. I could only stay a half hour because it really bothered me. And the first time I went the grocery alone was scary. I just hoped to God that nobody would talk to me and I just looked at the floor the most of the time just so I could get out of there. But like I said, in time, all of those feelings get less and less. I am not saying that it is perfect, but I am 1000 miles away from what I was right after my stroke.

Ok, now it is time for me to ask you a question What happened to your stroke? You said you worked at the same place for 18 years. That is very long time. Are they helping you at all? Do your friends from work talk to you? If they don't, don't be offended. People honestly don't know what to say. It is nobody's fault at all. It is just weird to everyone. Even my kids were different. It effects everybody you know, and that stinks. I thought for some reason it was my fault and my wife told me to stop saying I'm sorry. but like a said, it's nobody's fault. It just happened and that's about it.

Has your doctor given you any reason why this happened to you? If he doesn't really know try not to worry about it. Like I said, it took my dr. 3-4 days to find that weird bacteria and he still said he wasn't 100% sure if that was it, but it "probably" was.

I am glad your husband is understanding all of this. Just tell him not to be scared about your singing It might be gone tommorow and he'll say, why don't you sing pretty like that anymore Hey, maybe you should record it, seriously. Because if you ever do stop doing that, it might be a neat thing to look back at later.

Bless you both,
Tim
THIS MORNING I WOKE UP AND COULNDT OPEN MY HANDS ITS LIKE I HAD TO TELL MYSELF WHAT TO DO.IM TYPING TODAY WITH TWO FINGERS IS THIS A SETBACK ..IT GOT ME DOWN AND I KNEW I NEEDED TO WRITE YOU THAT .IM TALKING SLOWER THEN YESTERDAY TOO.SO I WILL TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED TO ME BUT IT MAY TAKE ME AHILE.I WENT TO WORK ON THURSDAY MAY 27TH 2010 AND AFTER I GOT THERE I GOT A WEIRD FEELING OVER ME LIKE SOMETHING WAS WRONG.I TOLD MY BOSS BUT HE JUST IGNORED IT AND WALKED OFF.I CALLED ANOTHER EMPLOYEE AND ASK HER TO COME TAKE OVER WHAT I WAS DOING BC I MOVING IN SLOW MOTION FELT LIKE.I THEN CALLED MY HUSBAND WHO CAME AND GOT ME.TOOK ME TO ER HERE AND I WAS SITTING THERE AND TOLD HIM I NEEDED HIS KLEENEX BC I FEELT I WAS SLOBERING AND WHEN HE HANDED ME THE KLEENEX I WENT TO WIPE MY MOUTH AND THEN I STARTED CRYING LIKE I COULDNT CONTROL MY EMOTIONS AND THEN I WAS FALLING AND HE HAD ME IN HIS ARMS AND I COULD HEAR MYSELF SPEAKING REALLY FAST BUT THE WORDS WERE COMMING OUT IN A DIFF LANG AND FAST AND I COULDNT CONTROL IT.I WAS ON THE GURNEY AND THE DOCTOR WAS SAYING GOING TO CALM ME DOWN AND I REMEMEBER SAYING WHAT IS HAPPEING TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LIKE THAT MY WORDS LASTING LONGER.I THEN WOKE UP IN HOSPITAL AND WOULD BE LIKE I WAS 4 AGAIN WANTING MY SISTER TO PLAY I REMEMBER CALLING HER BENDER AND NOT BRENDA.I WENT IN AND OUT LIKE THAT FOR DAYS AND WOULD BE SO TIRED AFTERWARDS.THE DOCTOR DID NOT TREAT IT LIKE A STROKE AND GAVE ME KEPA FOR SEIZURES.THEY STILL TO THIS DAY CAN'T TELL ME WHY THIS HAPPENED.AFTER I GOT HOME I HAD SUCH HEADSACHES AND LIKE 15MIN AND THEN IT WOULD BE GONE,AND THEN I WOULD YAWN ALOT.SOMETIMES 50 TO 60 TIMES IN ONE DAY.I STILL GET HEADACHES THAT COME AND GO.BUT NOT LIKE WHEN I FIRST GOT THEM.THEN I WOULD HAVE BOUTS OF ENERGY AND THEN WOULD DISAPEER.I WOKE UP ONE MORNING AND JUST TALKED LIKE I HAD A ITALIAN ACCENT MY HUSBAND SAYS..AND I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING BETTER BUT THEN I STARTED MIXING UP MY WORDS FOR THE PAST DAYS AND NOW TODAY I TALK RIGHT BUT VERY VERY SLOW AND LIKE I SAID LIKE I HAVE TO TELL MY BODY TO MOVE.DON'T KNOW WHAT IS UP WITH HANDS TIM BUT DOES SCARE ME IM TRYING TO BE BRAVE BUT I HAVE TO SAY ITS GETTING ME DOWN TODAY.I TOLD MY HUSBAND I NEEDED TO WRITE YOU AND SEE IF YOU COULD FIND OUT BC HE TOOK ME TO DR TODAY AND I HAVE ANOTHER NUREOLGIST APPT 17TH AND I DON'T THINK THEY KNOW WHAT TO SAY OTHER THEN MY BODY IS NOT FUNCTIONING RIGHT,LIKE I DONT ALREADY KNOW THAT....KELLY

Old 06-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

Oh Kelly,
I am so sorry about this. First of all, if you just had a stroke, they is now way for you to me working, no way!!!!!!! Why are you working??? That is the last place you need to be right now. Lord all might don't do that. Your health is much important than your job. I can't believe you went to work.

Forget about that. I mean it! Forget it! We have to figure out a few things.

1. Did you doctor say you had a stroke:
2. Did you get an MRI?
3. Do you think you are having seizures?
4. Why is your company asking you to work right now????????????

I am just telling from what I know about your strokes. If your doctor didn't mention a stroke to you, he is an idiot. Everything you have said sounds like a stroke to me.

Did you have an MRI? That is very important. If you had a stroke the MRI will show a black point where the stroke happened. If you didn't have that, I don't know why.

Have you had any seizures? If you did, there may be another problem other than the stroke.

In my opinion (I am not a doctor!) Every thing I have read sounds like you had a stroke. If that is the case, you should not be working!! Lord child, you cannot function in that environment after a stroke. Why does your doctor say?? This whole think doesnt' sound right to me.

You have to have an MRI, and a good doctor to read it.

This just upsets me that you are working. You can get gov't help for you. I am on disabilty and it took forever!!! but Kelly, if you had a stroke, you cannot be working. It is not good for you what so ever.

Unless you have some weird thing, I don't know, but it sounds like a stroke to me.

You have been a good employee for 18 years for God's sake. They can't give you some time to figure out what is going on with you??

Post back quick.
I am here for another hour and I see the worry in you posts.

God Bless,
Tim

Closed Thread