It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
(male)

42ronee HB User
daily headache after stroke

Hi. Does anyone have burning pain in their head after a stroke. Is the head pain in the spot where the stroke occurred.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
(female)

the teach HB User
Cool Re: daily headache after stroke

Hi! I don't know if I would call it a burning headache. But, I have had a dull headache every day since my stroke on 06-17-10. It mainly occurs when I am tired and need to rest and I take tylenol to try and end the headache. And, yes, it is in the same place they say my stroke was. I wonder if this is "normal"? Everything is so vague about stokes, thats so frustrating. Good luck[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]:

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2010, 09:32 AM   #3
(male)

42ronee HB User
Re: daily headache after stroke

hi.where was the stroke? what type of stroke was it. do you have any other problems? does tylenol work for the headache? what was the cause?

Old 07-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
(female)

the teach HB User

My stroke was in the cerebelum. At least that is where they saw something in my MRI. I was being treated for vertigo until they saw this MRI. Tylenol helps a little with the headache, resting works better. The fatigue is probably my biggest problem along with the dizziness. They seem to work together. I am still trying to adjust to all of this. I am just maybe coming out of denial right now and trying to learn more about strokes. This board is wonderful so much better than any of the doctors I have spoken with. Mine was a little stroke, no physical disabilities. Just the fatigue. ok, maybe my vision a tad too. How bout you? What?When? etc.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #5
(male)

42ronee HB User

Hi. The fatigue will get better slowly. You may sleep alot which is normal. did you have a bleeding stroke. The dizziness should get better. you can try antivert(med) if it is too bad. What vision problem do you have. what age group are you in. did you have stroke risk factors. A med called "provigil" can help with the fatigue.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:47 PM   #6
(female)

the teach HB User

My vision is sometimes very blurred. I wear contact lenses and have changed them out more frequently than needed. My right eye lid is now drooping more than it ever has since my stroke.
They haven't told me if it was a bleeding stroke, just a spot on my MRI.
Yes, it seems as though I had just about all of the stroke risk factors. I am 58 years old. It's been two weeks now and I feel better physically as the vomitting, etc., has stopped. But the mental part is much worse. I am trying to quit smoking and eat healthy all in the same day without killing anyone! It's quite stressful!
Please tell me about yours.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
(female)

hannahj HB User

Hi, I don't, but my husband does have burning pains for 3yrs now and roaming headaches too. I will let you know if we ever find a medicine that works. He's going to neurologist - Aug 2nd but we have been going to doctor since his stroke and so far they don't have any cure for his pain. I'm sorry you have this problem too. I hope one day that one of us will find a solution and we can help each other and others in forum with this problem. We have to keep in touch, we may find answers one day.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:49 AM   #8
(female)

ennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB User

I,too, had headaches following my stroke. Not terrible ones, just dull aches and not always where my stroke was. Sleeping/napping helped me most. They were usually mid-afternoon when I was fatigued.

Hoping yours stop soon. Mine are much less frequent now. Mine was Dec.2010.
Blessings,
Nancy

Last edited by ennbee; 07-31-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Closed Thread