It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2011, 05:53 AM   #46
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User
Re: I had a stroke and need to talk about it

Hey Max,
I am glad you brought the whole thing up about panic attacks. And I think you are correct. That it may be more common than we think and people just don't talk about it, because it is so understood. I know that I never did talk about it. The only time I ever told someone, other that my wife. This guy asked me to play my guitar and my wife sing in a fund raiser for young kids that have been abused and helping them. I know there was going to be 800 - 1000 people there. There was even Ben E. King there "Stand By Me" David Spencer "Give Me Some Lovin" And Gene Cornish from the Rascals "It's a Beautful Morning" was there too. I had to tell him, that I was honored to be asked to do that, but I was afraid I may have a panic attack, and I just don't play live anymore.
So it killed me not to play one more time in my life, to something that was so special, but the panic attack thing made me say no.
so it is real. So thanks, Max for bringing that up. After my stroke too, I like to just stay home. That is just my life now and it is a good life, I have no complaints.
God Bless,
Tim

Last edited by Positive Cynic; 05-14-2011 at 06:05 AM.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #47
(male)

dunwack HB Userdunwack HB User

hi, just popping in to say a quick hellow to my new family and friends and say thank you one and all for your kind comments and posts. i went through a bad couple of weeks feeling sorry for myself and thanks to all of you i am feeling much better kind regards dunwack.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #48
Inactive
(female)

Chloe1252 HB UserChloe1252 HB UserChloe1252 HB UserChloe1252 HB UserChloe1252 HB UserChloe1252 HB UserChloe1252 HB User

Very glad to hear you're feeling better Dunwack! Sometimes chatting with people who have similar (or worse) problems than we have helps put things into perspective!

The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe1252 For This Useful Post:
dunwack (05-25-2011)
Old 05-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #49
(female)

Casey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwack View Post
hi, just popping in to say a quick hellow to my new family and friends and say thank you one and all for your kind comments and posts. i went through a bad couple of weeks feeling sorry for myself and thanks to all of you i am feeling much better kind regards dunwack.
Dunwack,
I cannot tell you how happy I am to see your greeting and know that you are feeling better. You will have up days and weeks and down days and weeks from this point forward, but I truly hope that your up times far outnumber the darker ones.

Please keep posting. Your story and spirit provide inspiration for others.

Me especially! I have my own down in the dumper periods and knowing that you're out there, feeling better, made me feel better today, for sure.

Casey

The following user gives a hug of support to Casey991:
dunwack (05-28-2011)
Old 05-25-2011, 02:27 PM   #50
(male)

lmorgan79 HB Userlmorgan79 HB Userlmorgan79 HB Userlmorgan79 HB Userlmorgan79 HB Userlmorgan79 HB User

I, too, had good days, and bad. On the good days, I felt like I could do anything - even things that are still impossible. As time went on for me, my good days just became "normal" days. I don't really have bad days anymore.

I feel especially invincible before I get out of bed. I make grand plans for the day ahead. Then I get out bed, and reality hits...

The following user gives a hug of support to lmorgan79:
dunwack (05-27-2011)
Old 05-30-2011, 08:24 AM   #51
(male)

dunwack HB Userdunwack HB User

hi tim, i was never a heavy drinker i would meet up with my mates every sunday lunch time and have a few pints of guinness while discussing our favourite topic, football. that was the only day i would out for a drink, since my stroke i no longer drink guinness. because i had to have surgery on my neck arteries being the cause of my stroke which were 70 to 80% blocked i had two seperate ops at the royal london hospital having them cleaned out, and a lot of nerve tail ends were severed, which altered my sence of taste. now my once favourite drink tastes awful, now idrink the odd bottle of cider which tastes ok. i no longer meet up with my mates on sundayfor our social gathering. this dam stroke has taken so much of my life from me and my loved ones regards pat/ dunwack.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:50 AM   #52
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User

Hello dunwack.
Yes your stoke made your life so different. Look my friend. You have 2 choices. Either move on with your life or wallow in you own misery. It is up to you. and only you. You must pick one. There are thousands of people that have a stroke everyday.... yes everyday. so you must choose what your life will be from now on. I love you buddy and hope that it wasn't too harsh on you. But you have to move on with your life. Would you like to hear how many things I lost after my stroke???? everything. yes everything Is gone like a hurricane.. It takes time, but you can get over this. Start on your recovery today. Right now. Do I have to come over there and beat you up and smack you around or what? Wake up. It is a new life for you so you must embrace it.
God Bless,
Tim

Closed Thread