It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User
Ducks and strokes

Hello my frineds,
This may take awhile, but here I go. Yesterday we had two mallard ducks that came into our pool and where having a good time. I was so excited. so the y stayed awhile. and left. We have a dog. Lola that was a stray, but that is not the story. So they ducks were here and preening and even went to sleep in our yard. It is a dad and mom ducks. I know that they are looking for a nest. I was so happy and they crapped in our pool and everthingy and I don't care. I really think they want to have there babies here.. but I don't know how to do it.

This is why. They came back again today and where in the pool over 2 hours. So Lola was going crazy. The ducks (we don't know there names yet) and they were sleeping in our yard for the second day. So I took Lola outside with a lease and and told her. "don't mess with those ducks." and she did really good.

But I don't think they can have a nest here. Just because of Lola. I know that they want to. How cool would it be to have litttle duckies in our pool? But I don't think that I can make happen. I thought they were gone and let Lola out and she ran right were the were, and I didn't even see them before I let her out. But they got away. and brought Lola in side.

Do your ever watcht "The Sopranoes" Me and Anita love it. We even bought the whole series. (almost a grand) for the how series.

But she was telling me to watch the soprnoes and it is the first one. Tony has ducks in his pool. Anita told me. do you have a robe so to watch the ducks in the he pool? because I never even thougth about that. Becacause he goes into the pool with his robe only to feed the ducks. Any way it was so funny and we had a goood time.
tim

Last edited by Positive Cynic; 05-18-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Chloe1252 HB UserChloe1252 HB UserChloe1252 HB UserChloe1252 HB UserChloe1252 HB UserChloe1252 HB UserChloe1252 HB User
Re: Ducks and strokes

Quote:
Do your ever watcht "The Sopranoes" Me and Anita love it.
As soon as I started reading your post I thought about Tony Soprano and his ducks! I loved that show so much I also own the whole thing on DVD and still watch it. We were lucky to be able to see such brillance. So much better than the rest of the garbage on TV now.

Really, connecting with nature in any way is healing, I find. I like to take my dog to a large quarry near here and just walk and look at all the wild flowers and the water. It's soothing in a way that nothing else is.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User

Thank you so much Clhoe.
That is so funny that you like the Sopranoes too!!! ha ha. very good. Yes their is depth on the series that most people think. So You understand the duck thing. and Anita had to tell me about the connect by the ducks. bye the way they came back again. I even told our lawn guys to not even come. And tyring to explain that we have ducks now. I told Anita I don't even care if the lawn goes to hell. I want those ducks to have babies in our yard. and she understood me about that.
Well anyway god bless you Chloe. and you made me smile today.
tim

Old 05-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
(male)

max55 HB Usermax55 HB Usermax55 HB Usermax55 HB User

Hello all

They still cycle the Sopranos in the HBO on demand sections. They put about 4-5 new ones a month on there. I still watch them. My favorite was when Paulie and Chris were lost in the woods - season 3 I think.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Max,
Hey buddy. You are right. the scene with Paulie and Christoper got lost. Is my favorite too. They are eating ketchup packs and freezing. And didn't Paulie like had a chocolate or something he was hiding from Chris. and they had to call Tony and tell him what was up?
To this day me and my wife always still say "Christopha" and always laugh.
Good stuff.
Hey. those stupid ducks are back again this morning in our pool. but I don't think they can have there babies here because of our dog, Lola. oh well.
tim

Last edited by Positive Cynic; 05-19-2011 at 03:50 AM.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:14 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Chloe1252 HB UserChloe1252 HB UserChloe1252 HB UserChloe1252 HB UserChloe1252 HB UserChloe1252 HB UserChloe1252 HB User

Tim, it may be just as well that the ducks don't bring their babies into your pool. The problem is that the ducklings can into the pool, but not out.

Didn't Tony put a ramp in his pool for the ducklings? You'd have to do that, and keep your dog in all the time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe1252 For This Useful Post:
Positive Cynic (05-19-2011)
Old 05-19-2011, 11:53 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hey Chloe,
Yes you are correct about the little ducks. they can't live in our pool And I do believe Tony did make a ramp for them. I won't be able to do that. I have to move on. I also don't make millions a year on my garbage trucks business.

Ok. this is a true story. Our garbage dump thing is called "Louie's" We had I guy come to our house and hit the doorbell. He told me about "Louie's" dump place. They actually were way cheaper than the government one. So we did it. And now almost every neighbor now has "Louie's" dumpsters. I laugh every morning to see all of those red dumpsters and think of the Sopranoes.
God Bless,
Tim

Last edited by Positive Cynic; 05-19-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Quack quack!

Love to all!
Janet

Old 05-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #9
(male)

lmorgan79 HB Userlmorgan79 HB Userlmorgan79 HB Userlmorgan79 HB Userlmorgan79 HB Userlmorgan79 HB User

Hey Tim,

Why don't you name the ducks (after Sopranos characters if you like). I, too, always got a kick out of that show. I even have a season, or two on DVD.

I don't know if you want/can do this, but a family of ducks love a inflatable baby pool. A simple board for a ramp, and you're all set. Just keep the dog, and his paws/claws out of it, and the pool will be fine. I used to work at NU, and they had a family of nesting ducks there, too. They got the baby pool treatment, and people used to scatter food on the ground, too. Every year they came back. They thought it was a good gig, I guess.

Let us know how they do.

Lee

Old 05-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Great idea Lee! Both in naming the ducks and giving them a baby pool to quack around in...

Now I wish I would have watched the Sopranos, because I cannot join in these conversations...darn!

I am anxious for you to name the ducks too Tim, I bet you can come up with some good names, knowing you as I do.

Janet

Old 05-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lee, Howdy Partner!
Thanks for the advice on the ducks. Me and Anita decided on calling them "Mr. and Mrs. Waddlesworth". they have been back 3 times today. Mrs. Waddleworth is definetly pregnant. Her little tummy is so big. I actually hope they don't make a nest here now, but because or our dog Lola. I am home alone most of the time these days and I would feel awful if something happened to the babies. I just realized today that the treats I buy for Lola are duck jerky for dogs. Probably not a good combination.

I guess I will just wait and see. The ducks are Mallards and are not real common in Florida. at least where I live here. I am sure they came down for the summer from up north.

On a good note. "Louies" took our garbage this morning and I still have my knee caps. So life is good. sorry about my bad humor today.
God Bless all.
tim

Old 05-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hey Janet,
We must have been writing at the same time. Because after i was done writing and posted it, you had been on there already and posted. So you know there names now. Life is full of mysteries. Thank you.
God Bless,
Tim

Old 05-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #13
(male)

lmorgan79 HB Userlmorgan79 HB Userlmorgan79 HB Userlmorgan79 HB Userlmorgan79 HB Userlmorgan79 HB User

At least it wasn't Paulie Walnuts who did your garbage. (He was a Sanitation Engineer on the Sopranos - he did have a great 'do though).

The Following User Says Thank You to lmorgan79 For This Useful Post:
Positive Cynic (05-20-2011)
Old 05-21-2011, 05:42 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmorgan79 View Post
At least it wasn't Paulie Walnuts who did your garbage. (He was a Sanitation Engineer on the Sopranos - he did have a great 'do though).
Ha Ha, Hilarous Lee,
I am sure Paulie worked really hard at his "Sanitation Engineering" job. yes, Paulie's hair was great. We called his 'do - wings. It was never out of place was it? lol. thanks for making me laugh today.
tim

Old 05-21-2011, 05:47 AM   #15
(male)

His side streaks were great. They fit right in. For some reason, they looked just like his Cadillac.

Closed Thread